New ram IC chips processing?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the first picture, the epoxy residues Look like coarse grained (not enough fine), how did you pulverize them ?

from the first picture, the epoxy residues Look like coarse grained (not enough fine), how did you pulverize them ?
Coffee grinder then multiple trips thru the kitchen strainer I showed in one of my previous pictures, and a mortor and pestle or just the mortar. Is that not ground down enough? Also should I be rinsing these again? And looks like my nitric is going to be late. Would a poor Man's AR work? The rinsing part makes me nervous because I'm afraid I'm losing PMs.😲

Coffee grinder then multiple trips thru the kitchen strainer I showed in one of my previous pictures, and a mortor and pestle or just the mortar. Is that not ground down enough? Also should I be rinsing these again? And looks like my nitric is going to be late. Would a poor Man's AR work? The rinsing part makes me nervous because I'm afraid I'm losing PMs.😲
You Need to get it bright red when incinerating, to get rid of all carbon.
The carbon will lock up your Gold during leaching.

You Need to get it bright red when incinerating, to get rid of all carbon.
The carbon will lock up your Gold during leaching.
Are you saying this isn't done? I seen that they got red but I couldn't get them to reach all glowing. But they were on there for over an hour. The second batch I was able to get it glowing pretty good but it was far less material. It is much grayer in color and looks way less solid.

I'm feeling really dismayed because I just cooked these suckers for as long and as hot as I could. And for them to still not be done is really really frustrating.

Are you saying this isn't done? I seen that they got red but I couldn't get them to reach all glowing. But they were on there for over an hour. The second batch I was able to get it glowing pretty good but it was far less material. It is much grayer in color and looks way less solid.
So the second batch is probably Ok, if you have a magnifier or microscope and check it thoroughly it should be all light grey, no dark spots.
Do you have a thick steel plate or a skillet/frying pan?
Put it on barbecue coals and use a blower/vacuum cleaner in reverse to blow on the coals to keep them hot.
But be careful to not get it too hot so the plate melts.

So the second batch is probably Ok, if you have a magnifier or microscope and check it thoroughly it should be all light grey, no dark spots.
Do you have a thick steel plate or a skillet/frying pan?
Put it on barbecue coals and use a blower/vacuum cleaner in reverse to blow on the coals to keep them hot.
But be careful to not get it too hot so the plate melts.
I used a propane turkey fryer burner. Thought that was pretty good. The metal on it got really red. But ok I'll do it again.

Attachments

• 16664226393683725030044516745674.jpg
    16664226393683725030044516745674.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
So I just noticed that there is metal still undissolved in my material. This metal cause problems? Cuz right now I'm out of nitric acid and so I'm using HCL and bleach what does everyone's thought on that am I really screwing things up now?

So I just noticed that there is metal still undissolved in my material. This metal cause problems? Cuz right now I'm out of nitric acid and so I'm using HCL and bleach what does everyone's thought on that am I really screwing things up now?
The HCl bleach route needs to be done carefully so you don’t push the pH too high.
Anyway all metals need to be dissolved so the Gold don’t cement out.

So how high is too high on the pH? And did I need to do anything different for the metals? What am I missing
It seems you are missing some patience!
Before you started with the HCL Bleach route you should have researched it as you should with anything you have not done before.
Do you have access to Hydrogen Peroxide, 10-12%?
It is much more forgiving since it do not push the pH up.

If not, the HCl Bleach solution need to be acidic to release Chlorine ins sufficient amount to dissolve the Gold.
(I would try to keep it below 2-4, but be ware I myself have not used Bleach only pool tablets.)
At the same time low temperature keeps the chlorine in solution but results in slower reaction.

So describe how you do it please.

It seems you are missing some patience!
Before you started with the HCL Bleach route you should have researched it as you should with anything you have not done before.
Do you have access to Hydrogen Peroxide, 10-12%?
It is much more forgiving since it do not push the pH up.

If not, the HCl Bleach solution need to be acidic to release Chlorine ins sufficient amount to dissolve the Gold.
(I would try to keep it below 2-4, but be ware I myself have not used Bleach only pool tablets.)
At the same time low temperature keeps the chlorine in solution but results in slower reaction.

So describe how you do it please.
Well I am only using the HCL and bleach on the small portion of the material. The odd fluffy stuff. So this is only a test run to see if it works before trying to use it on the main material. I rinsed it before hand. Then I added Hcl and warmed it. Then I added small amounts of bleach. I just kept it nice and warm. And after awhile I added a more bleach. So now my gold is dissolved. And the pH is still not an issue according to my pH meter. But I haven't tried to precipitate any gold yet. I'm not sure how to tell if all gold has been dissolved though. 🤔
According to the stannous test there is gold. I still need to properly incinerate the bulk of the material.

Attachments

• 16665459479164911303387913499732.jpg
    16665459479164911303387913499732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Well I am only using the HCL and bleach on the small portion of the material. The odd fluffy stuff. So this is only a test run to see if it works before trying to use it on the main material. I rinsed it before hand. Then I added Hcl and warmed it. Then I added small amounts of bleach. I just kept it nice and warm. And after awhile I added a more bleach. So now my gold is dissolved. And the pH is still not an issue according to my pH meter. But I haven't tried to precipitate any gold yet. I'm not sure how to tell if all gold has been dissolved though. 🤔
According to the stannous test there is gold. I still need to properly incinerate the bulk of the material.
This test do not show anything conclusive, dilute it and use cotton bud or paper, much easier to read.
Since we are not dealing with foils, it is hard to ascertain when the Gold are dissolved.
It just dawned upon me that you are dissolving solid Gold wires.
Better use HCl/Peroxide or AR and use heat, they are much harder to dissolve than foils.

This test do not show anything conclusive, dilute it and use cotton bud or paper, much easier to read.
Since we are not dealing with foils, it is hard to ascertain when the Gold are dissolved.
It just dawned upon me that you are dissolving solid Gold wires.
Better use HCl/Peroxide or AR and use heat, they are much harder to dissolve than foils.
Yes I agree. After this I will just do AR on the main material. But for this I'll just try and recover the gold that did dissolve. So I will save this martial and treat it with AR when I get more nitric because I have no idea if all the gold has been dissolved or not.

Attachments

• 16665492284887991836859211876919.jpg
    16665492284887991836859211876919.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Yes I agree. After this I will just do AR on the main material. But for this I'll just try and recover the gold that did dissolve. So I will save this martial and treat it with AR when I get more nitric because I have no idea if all the gold has been dissolved or not.
Still don't look conclusive, it should be a beautiful Violet.

Back