New To the Board

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillips2022

Hello All

I'm new to the board and just trying to find my way in trying to get gold from old cell phones and stuff as a hobby. Do you recommend any video's or web sites to read to learn how to start. I have been collecting a bunch of old electronics for years and now i want to start the process.

phillips2022, this takes a lot of study, which can be fun and rewarding.

In book section you can find a download for HOKE'S BOOK.
Learn to get acquainted with reactions from her instructions.
Learn using test solutions.

Under Laser Steves post get link to his web site, he has very helpful video's and tutorials, also a search engine for the forum, searching your material will help.

read the guided tour, general reaction list, forum handbook.

this will be your best starting place, I know sounds like I am just telling you to go study, well shucks I am, because there is no way for me to give you all the details you need right now.

May I suggest you start with refining memory fingers using HCl/H2O2 for recovery of foils then using HCl/bleach to dissolve gold foils, ridding solution of excess chlorine and precipitating gold with SMB, this is an easy method and good starting place to learn recovery and refining of electronic scrap.

Cell phones are more intense because of base metals involved. Searching cell phones will give you information to how they are refined.

Sorry if it sounds like I am telling you to just go study but now I believe that will help you get the gold the fastest.

Patients is really a virtue and may be rewarded in small gold buttons.
Inpatients usually just makes a big mess of acids and metals with big possibilities to loose gold money and can be very dangerous.

Welcome and I am waiting to see that gold in your dish.

Latest posts

Back