Nitric Acid Storage

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just learning computers sorry, will take your advice,I store my nitric in bottles that I bought nitric in years ago,if you are just storing for the day can leave it in mason jar ect a glass lid (I save the broken mason jar bottoms) shield from light.

if you have disolved copper ect in it and finished with it add pieces of steel this will drop the copper and disolve the steel(iron),

nitric can be evaporated to gas (but then your releasing the BRFC you dread so),

urea a fertilizer would be a better option for you to neutralize it, caution though lil @ time too much at once will fizz over out of container once neutralized this will release CO2,
making it safer to dispose of, that way EPA and granny will be happy :wink:
but you might consider using it for another chemical expieriment but that would be another project and more study

ty for the advice butcher, all of it. You've given me some good ideas these past couple of weeks. How long have you been refining? My guess is years.

been mining and prospecting panning dredging for quit a few years , but only about three years, of using this type of acid processes, and maybe two learning chemistry I dont really have any formal education, but can learn or do anything I put my mind to, Im stuborn and I stick to it, I am not always the most accurate with my advice and can only give it as I Know it, But I'm only going to give you Advise with your best Interest as my intent.have kinda took interest in you Viacin You seem like such a Bright Young MAN to me, and would sure like to see you have sucess with this and not get Hurt ect.

well ty butcher. I feel like I'm on a quest of sorts, not just a learning experience. The rain has cleared, the sun is out, and today is looking good. I'm still waiting for my sodium nitrate to come through UPS. Lets hope they deliver on time. If it shows up, today is nitric production day. If not then I may withdraw till next weekend so I can read a bit more and not feel so rushed.

If anything I will be too careful, I hope. I've never been fond of working with chemicals, even bug spray. But I've always loved lab work. I still remember my first chemical set when I was 7. Now I wonder if I may have been better off if I pursued beakers more than girls in my teen years. But then again what would life have been worth living. :)

It sounds like you have the gold bug butcher, and that usually means a life full of adventure. I'm sure there is a lot of wisdom behind your words.

Butcher: Amen to that . Been chasin' rainbows for nigh on to six decades now. I'm still larnin and still seekin. Most interestin' way to live, but what else is there ??? EVO

just a note, my empty hydrogen peroxid bottles are working great. HDPE with a PP cap. Not bad for $.50 each. Someone has told me that the cap seals will not hold up though. We shall see.

Latest posts

Back