Nitric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats because you are multiplying your absorption area.Nitric is strong enough even in lower percentages to eat almost anything as most of you know,however the amount of material it can digest is limited to the yolume of liquid you have.When you double that volume the material will easily dissolve.Of course there is a limiting point...for instance you couldn't take one gallon of 70% and add 5 gallons of water and expect the same speed.Of course you will have to keep your percentage of nitric high enough to work efficiently while keeping your absorption volume high enough to accomodate the material being processed.
Johnny

Try chemical suppliers that cater to water treatment facilities.

In the UK, most cleaning supply companies carry Nitric and HCl.
You need to find a local company though as most couriers won't deliver it.

Buzz

Oz said:
Try chemical suppliers that cater to water treatment facilities.
Unless I'm mistaken, it is also used by dairies, to cleanse their equipment, which is virtually 100% stainless. That is the case for one of the dairies that is within four miles of our home.

You might also inquire of any firm that does photo plate etching. You may find that nitric is used to etch plates, so they are a secondary source.

The best possible scenario is to get hooked up with a chemical distributor, one that repackages, and to own your own stainless container. I addressed the issue by that manner. Believe it or not, I was fortunate to buy a stainless 55 gallon drum for the huge sum of $5. One of my customers worked at the University of Utah and managed to procure them free from the surplus department. I thought it might be worth $5 to me! 8)

Harold

I pay about $30 bucks for 10 pounds of SMB, if you look you can likely find it cheaper than this even. The price you posted is way too high in my opinion.

Steve

Reagent grade chemicals are not necessary for most any refining you may want to do. Reagent grade would be high purity lab chemicals for fat wallet research folks. :lol:

Keep shopping.

well im really getting no where, thats the only site i've found, i've called loads of cleaning and janitorial supplies companies and have had no luck, can anyone post me a link? please? cos its been weeks and that website's all i've come up with.

Latest posts

Back