Not sure , I checked the 1st & last pages in this - selling precious metals ,

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mech

Seems like nothing newer that what the last 10 yrs or so ?

I was going to link to someone this page , he asked me about selling [ someone local - cash sale ] but with no recent post in this subject , I figured I would ask before referring .

I can't afford to buy [ wish I could ] and I do not want to sell at this time / yet ;)

I've been into mining , mostly placer & electronics repair --- that led to recovering / recycling .

When he asked if I knew of a buyer , I do know of a refiner [ regular commercial store front ] and I am not considering selling so did not have any knowledge of privet buyers since I'm not selling .

He did mention that he had some wire & general gold scrap , did not give an idea of how much --- so I did not ask .

He is in WS about half hour away from me in MN .

Seems like nothing newer that what the last 10 yrs or so ?

I was going to link to someone this page , he asked me about selling [ someone local - cash sale ] but with no recent post in this subject , I figured I would ask before referring .

I can't afford to buy [ wish I could ] and I do not want to sell at this time / yet ;)

I've been into mining , mostly placer & electronics repair --- that led to recovering / recycling .

When he asked if I knew of a buyer , I do know of a refiner [ regular commercial store front ] and I am not considering selling so did not have any knowledge of privet buyers since I'm not selling .

He did mention that he had some wire & general gold scrap , did not give an idea of how much --- so I did not ask .

Do you have a question here?

I thought the post indicated a question - no recent posts ?

I did not want to bring a possible new person , that may not be interested if there was no current discussion .

If nothing current , he may not find someone near his area that would be interested in a private sale .

A large part of the members are willing to buy if the price is right. It is impossible to determine a price of something without a detailed description. Personally 99% of my transactions are face to face, that is just how I prefer it. A great many do theirs differently and there are some good buyers here.

Edit:
A general location would be a nice place to start as well.

When he asked if I knew of a buyer
So someone you know is asking about where he sell (something) & then you are asking us if we know where to sell (something)

Per the bold print; - I assume you mean WI (the postal code for Wisconsin) there is no such postal code as WS

If that is the case (he lives in Wisconsin) I may be able to help him - but - I need more/better info - like ----

1) where in WI does he live ?

2) just exactly what is it he is trying to sell

Why don't you tell him to join this forum so he can post his question directly here so we (I) can give answers direct to him as to where he might find a buyer for what he has to sell

&/or - his joining this forum & his asking his questions here - he may even find a member here that is willing to buy what he has to sell

Kurt

My name is John thank you for all the knowledge you all pass.i have specimens of electrum a couple are over 4 pounds I live in far north california.im well very broke and would love to sell any of my gold I have fine grained electrum and flower gold powder.i say electrum because this stuff verys from 50/50 to 65/35 ish
Thank you
Ps there is no place near me to sell to so..

P

My name is John thank you for all the knowledge you all pass.i have specimens of electrum a couple are over 4 pounds I live in far north california.im well very broke and would love to sell any of my gold I have fine grained electrum and flower gold powder.i say electrum because this stuff verys from 50/50 to 65/35 ish
Thank you
Ps there is no place near me to sell to so..

P
So are you the person Mech is talking about that has something to sell ?

Whether you are or not pictures of what you have along with better description &/or more info would be helpful

Kurt

Hear are a few pictures Kurt.
As far as info I'm probably wrong but I think these are volcanic metamorphic sedamentary and not sure the word but come from or were affected by underwater plumse that have undergone at least two periods of mineraizat ion shit I could go on but like I said I don't know really what I'm talking about
Some more info is the Picts show only about 10 percent of what I found and all of them came out of the same hole about 4x4acrost and 5 to 6 feet down possible I found stash from a old time miner who never returned for it.
Thanks waiting to see if you think I've lost it or.....well thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230815_125002.jpg
    IMG_20230815_125002.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back