Not sure , I checked the 1st & last pages in this - selling precious metals ,

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cloudshappersmith, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I'm not sure what you're expecting. You've posted a bunch of pictures of rocks. Unfortunately, no one can tell much from pictures of rocks. I don't think anyone can tell you that you have gold in any of them just based on the pictures.

What are you hoping for by posting your pictures?

Dave

Not trying to be mean here, but lately there has been such an influx of people with pictures of valuable rocks it is almost funny (or sad). Most never follow the advice they receive and often get belligerent when they don’t hear what they want. This seems to have had an adverse affect on many members who have tried to help others to no avail.

Due to the nature of ores ( I am by far no expert ) the typical first advice or question is “what does the assay say” or “ have you had it assayed”?

My best advice would be give it a bit more time, some of the more knowledgeable people will get around to checking back and have better input than I have.

Well I know pictures don't work they dont work for other things as well thank you .I swear Kurt asked me for pictures but may be wrong.
I know I have gold btw I've been slushing from when I was old enough to carry a bucket to the box still I tested these rocks
I've found a large pot hole filled with shiney silver nuggets tested some for platinum with acid passes that test wondering what other ways to test it besides h2o2 thanks

I'm not going to come in to get wifi for a while I'm tired of the walk I'm tired.i found talings but spread out like whoever was trying to hide them but I can't figure it out.ive been in at least 100 old mines my dad had a knack for finding them wish he was still around he'd have figured this by now

Kurt can be busy at times and may need a day or two to get back to it. He can certainly offer more help from hands on experience than I can.

Very interesting ore photos.
A Fire assay is your best next step.

The crushed ore could be tested with a XRF scanner but do not fully trust results.
I see 3 types/colors in the one photo are these panned it water to separate?
Is that free mill gold?

You say electrum, you could dissolve some in AR and then test with Sanious chloride for color indication of Au.

If it is a high Silver Ore there will also be lead present in the mix of metals.

Have you roasted any of it at all yet before crushing, hot quenching will make the ore crush easier, is there a sulfur smell.

In the old day they would open smelt the silver ore in bon fires and collect the slags of silver , sifting though the pile of ashes. This could be done in a well designed burn barrel to keep the hazards of fire contained.

So many Questions to be asked with no answers to be had.

Hard to see but if that purple is the right color then this rock contains gold silver copper iron lead arsenic and allumanum?is it possible,could this be part of a smoker chimney?

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_090853.jpg
    IMG_20230819_090853.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hey Mr.yggdrassl
"Stop it now"you bet I have
I don't know much bout anything but I do know you'd be much more polite a fellow if we happened to be face to face
Being new to using the internet wasn't aware your fourm could be filled also didn't see a thing in your rules or what not stating anything bout pictures..still ma'am I appolige and sweety you don't have to worry you pretty little head bout me no more
Adieu

Yggdrasil is correct. Presenting blurry images of rocks is useless. This is a forum to learn and share information on precious metals recovery and refining. If you want a geology or mining forum, you need to look elsewhere.

If you want to know what your rocks consist of, get an assay on each rock.

Time for more coffee.

Hey Mr.yggdrassl
"Stop it now"you bet I have
I don't know much bout anything but I do know you'd be much more polite a fellow if we happened to be face to face
Being new to using the internet wasn't aware your fourm could be filled also didn't see a thing in your rules or what not stating anything bout pictures..still ma'am I appolige and sweety you don't have to worry you pretty little head bout me no more
Adieu
Should I have used "pretty please"?
Pictures are close to useless even if they are high resolution and in focus.
Yours seem low resolution and out of focus.

You are of course welcome to stay and study recovery and refining precious metals.
Or not, up to you mate.

Back