not sure what these are, or the gold content

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian18206

I bought these for a reasonable price and have no idea of what they are, or the content of gold they yield.they are very heavy and seem to be copper underneath. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Attachments

• Photo on 12-8-12 at 3.50 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-8-12 at 3.50 PM.jpg
    97.5 KB
  • Photo on 12-8-12 at 3.51 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-8-12 at 3.51 PM.jpg
    56 KB
Anytime I see boards like this, I always think straight away RF shielding.

If it is RF shielding, the gold plating should be thicker than normal. I would also suspect it being used telecom or military electronics, but I could be way off too. Just my gut first initial reaction.

Scott

thanks for the response. i don't know wether they are worth processing for gold or not because i only have 5 of them but all together they weigh over ten pounds, i knew in copper alone they were worth close to 30.00. what do you think?

actually, RF shielding is thinner than contact points (such as fingers) a very thing piece of gold can soak up alot of radiation.some RF shielding is better than others with telecom being the least productive as far as yield and aerospace being the best. knowing what the equipment it came from was used for would help determine its approximate value.

Looks like some kind of amplifier to me, I see the white blocks look like MOSFETS and some striplines right after, any idea what it came out of.

Hey guys
The boards come from cell site manufacturers
At least mine did and I have a lot

Those chips with porcelain are the same exact ones I am just
Finishing up with my sulfuric cell
Over 500, the yield was around 1gram per 25-30
Pieces .

As far as the boards go I had 1 big one I got almost
1 gram from but the next 6 I must have somehow
Botched as I said. "Where's my gold "

Hope this helps
Steyr223 rob

Thanks for all the replies. i just have no idea on how to process such big pieces. i picked them up for 10 dollars for all six so thought it was a good deal. anyhow thanks much for all the help and hopefully i can get some stuff processed soon. if so i will get some pictures posted.

Latest posts

Back