NPO/COG capacitor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mocodos

Hi,

i have some NPO/COG capacitors, so i want to make a testbatch with AR.

3 capacitors without legs / 4ml AR

After some heating (not boiling) i saw this:

they are some foils, like silver color.

is this the silver part of capacitor?

I will test the solution the next days for palladium with dmg and stannous.

For test with DMG: should i deNOx the solution, and ad some ammonium chloride to the testbatch?

mocodos

mocodos said:
For test with DMG: should i deNOx the solution, and ad some ammonium chloride to the testbatch?
There should be no ammonium chloride used when testing with DMG. A drop of the solutioin placed in the cavity of a spot plate with a drop of DMG should result in a reliable test. You would be looking for a canary yellow reaction. It is unlikely it won't respond without a denox---although I can't say with certainty. However, the chance you have palladium present, judging from the color of the solution, is not good. It yields a very dark orange/brown color solution unless it is VERY sparse. Do test with DMG, however, as it's a very sensitive test.

It's all in Hoke.

Harold

Judging only by the color of your solution it is unlikely PGM's are present in-solution (gold is irrelevant in that case), it basically looks like dilute CuCl solution.

Those foils may potentially be Pt/Pd. Siphon (do not discard) the solution and introduce a fresh AR to the "silvery" foils and boil, once dissolved test with SnCl/DMG

Latest posts

Back