Ore id

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Henderson

I am a new rockhound. I realize that it is most likely nothing however I live in north central British Columbia west of Babine lake. there is more silver than gold here. I am not certcertain if it is a ore or not. If this is the right place to ask

Attachments

• 20240607_145759.jpg
    20240607_145759.jpg
    4 MB
  • 20240607_145050.jpg
    20240607_145050.jpg
    1 MB
  • 20240607_145019.jpg
    20240607_145019.jpg
    1.2 MB
Welcome to the forum Bob.
As Yggdrasil said in your other post, hard to see from a picture.

We specialize in refining e-waste, jewelry and sometimes placer and hard rock concentrates, that is from ore that is being mined

What you're doing is prospecting, (looking if there are values in rocks, and the next step is; if they can be recovered with a profit)
A very helpfull thread with advice is here:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

Posting pictures will only get you one answer: "We can't tell from a picture."
some may have a clue, but can never be for sure.
Some can identify things like serpentine(asbestos) and calaverite (very nice ore with gold telluride) and cinnabar from a picture, but that's the exception to the rule.
No-one can identify precious metals content from a picture, unless there is visible gold and silver, (not pyrite)

we have some members that have experience in prospecting, some even have a backyard full of gold, they might chime in.

I am a new rockhound. I realize that it is most likely nothing however I live in north central British Columbia west of Babine lake. there is more silver than gold here. I am not certcertain if it is a ore or not. If this is the right place to ask
Hey Bob, looks to be a bit of Pyrite in Quartz. Definitely minerals associated with PMs. Only way to find values in it, is to get an assay. Not worth it to get an assay, if it is only a piece of float material. If you knocked it out of a decent size vein ( at least 6" wide ), do some more investigating.

I had not realized.Sorry bout that.

Greetings Bob...

I'm one of the resident mining professionals here on GRF and what you appear to possess with the ore that you've posted is a healthy quartz vein material heavily stained with iron and other inclusive mineralizations like arsenic, silver, and possibly monoatomic gold and or platinum.

Such materials are indeed sought after by the industrious prosector who possesses an ability to sample such formations at a.deeper level from surface. As you can clearly see in your specimens, the mineralized material presents itself embedded within the quartz as a "vug", or pocket filled with the metallic ore materials. A.k.a. VUGGY QUARTZ VEINS. Arsenopyrite is usually alloyed with one or more precious metals of a broad spectrum. Keep on rocking in the Free world my friend.meadview-gold2-AZ.jpg

Latest posts

Back