Ore processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapunovDmitry

Hi,guys!
Can one recommend a book about gold bearing ore processing at large refineries? Just a book like "What do i have to if i am to process ore and quartz?"

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, Not that big of an operation, but I have no experience with ore refining. Best to contact one of the higher ups here Like Lazersteve, Harold, GoldSilverPro, Butcher, or silver fox.

What was the assay for the original findings? Silver , Gold, PLatinum?

My step father works for a plant in Alaska that refines Zinc,Lead,Alminum from the ore and I believe they use and post info on they're less toxic leeching setup. Check out RedDogMines web site .

C.W. Ammens is a good start, Action mining sell it and other books and recovery and refining materials, check the book section on the forum there are lots of free dowlnloads.

I read Ammen. It gives interesting, but only a slight understanding about how to process ore. I will serch for more.
Thanks ofr replies.

I have seen a couple of gold mines and their refineries here in Sweden. Basically I have seen three different processes depending on the type of ore.

1. Gold is the primary ore and in large visible grains.
Just crush the ore in a mill and process it gravimetrically, ie spiral concentrators, shaker tables and other automatic panning devices.

2. Gold is the primry ore but so fine grained that it can't be seen with the naked eye.
Crush the ore finely and leach it with cyanide.

3. Gold is associated with sulphides in a complex ore.
Crush the ore and use flotation to recover a sulphide concentrate. The gold is recovered later in the processing steps by the refinery.

I believe that is the same process for Lead Zinc Mining, they use a flotation filter 3 times? then they send they leftover solution to a pool for decontamination. While the floated mineral go to the smelter.

Good advice G

Latest posts

Back