palladium and platinum yeild in ram

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand there is pgm's in the monolithic capacitors on some ram sticks. 2% by weight. 1 pound "might' have 1 or 2 grams of monolithic caps , you must remove them from a pound and weigh them. 2% of that weight may be the value in pgm's. Key words.>>>>>>>>>>> "some" ram Might have may be.

You must classify your material and know which parts are good. Happy learning.

etack said:
your math is off 2% by weight in a pound (1 pound = 453.59237 grams) would be closer to 9.7 grams
eric
so u mean 9.7 grm in pound of ram aur one pound of cap ?

glondor said:
From what I understand there is pgm's in the monolithic capacitors on some ram sticks. 2% by weight. 1 pound "might' have 1 or 2 grams of monolithic caps , you must remove them from a pound and weigh them. 2% of that weight may be the value in pgm's. Key words.>>>>>>>>>>> "some" ram Might have may be.

You must classify your material and know which parts are good. Happy learning.
what is pgms ?

PGMs:
Platinum Group Metals: Ruthenium, Rhodium, Palladium, Osmium, Iridium, and Platinum.

so u mean 9.7 grm in pound of ram aur one pound of cap ?

I was only stating that 2% of one Avoirdupois pound is 9.7 grams. So if you had one pound of monolithic capacitors that contained pmg's at 2% by weight that your yield should be 9.7 grams with little loss.

Eric

zarkava said:
Could anybody tell me about how much platinum ans palladium in 1 lb ram.

thank you

Not much.
one pound of RAM is about 20-25 pieces. You get 20-25g of monolithics. If they will be right type you can find 0.25g of Pd in them. Still big IF.

One gram of Rhodium is about $71.29 at today's spot.
One gram of Platinum is about $59.25 at today's spot.
One gram of Palladium is about $24.96 at today's spot.

Claudie said:
so wha i will get from ram ??? Platinum??Palladium ??Rhodium?

If PGMs is what you are after, and you have 1 pound of RAM, I doubt you will get any at all. SOME Monolithic capacitors contain PGMs. By weight there are is little on one pound of RAM. IF the connector fingers on the RAM are gold colored, you can get the Gold plating from them and also from the black chips that are on the RAM. From 1 pound of RAM you will not get much Gold either. Cut the fingers off the RAM, get some more of them, keep saving them up until you have 1-2 pounds of FINGERS. Meanwhile, get a copy of HOKE, read it and continue reading the forum. This link is a great place to start: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873

zarkava said:
Claudie said:
so wha i will get from ram ??? Platinum??Palladium ??Rhodium?

So what will you get without studying?

NOTHING only troubles. Do yourself a favor don't DREAM about getting rich and start WORK on that. First would be reading recommended literature, forum and doing small scale test batches. Nobody will tell you what you will get from pond of pins. People may tell you what they got from them. It doesn't mean you can get the same number. It all depend on your material and your skills.

Latest posts

Back