precipitant

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name of all precipitants are on Hokes book. You can download that from my signature.

You plan to use AR. Now that's fine. Would you tell us on what? What do you want to process and what do you want to precipitate? Honestly if you dont know name how do you want to be successful?

ive downloaded hokes book and he speaks of, Copperas. and then ive been told, sodium bicabonate, as well as, strips of magnesium, all for scrap karat gold and computer parts.just trying to get one straight answer.

You probably mean SMB. Try to separate your material and research on forum for processes appropriate for different types of material you want refine or recover.

jpnuke33 said:
ive downloaded hokes book and he speaks of, Copperas. and then ive been told, sodium bicabonate, as well as, strips of magnesium, all for scrap karat gold and computer parts.just trying to get one straight answer.

Hoke was actually a she!

My advice for what it's worth is to buy nothing until you know what exactly your doing.
Get the processes completely understood before trying any refining or recovery and start small when you do. Understanding the whole processes will make the buying of supplies a lot easier and save you money as you will only buy what you need and there are many ways outlined on the forum to process your metals fairly cheaply.
Read the safety section on the main board before you do anything involving chemicals and you will hopefully understand our conservative nature when it comes to giving out details to members who don't have a clue about what they are doing, we don't want anybody hurt or worse for any amount of gold.
Good luck and take your time you have plenty of time to refine if you use safe practices.

SMB is what i think you are looking for

Sodium Meta Bisulfite be sure you do not get SMBisulfate

but you can get it from home depot or Ace (Bonide Stump Out)
do not get Specticide Stump remover that is Potassium Nitrate which you would find at lowes...
or it can be purchase at a wine supplier/home brewers store

if you are reading our reviewing Hoke i do strongly recommend reading this
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2887935/GOLD-REFINING-FORUM-HANBOOK-VOL-1

Be safe and good Luck

Latest posts

Back