Pretty old hard drives! 170mb + 631mb!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, i have quite the collection of old hard drives for scrapping, lowest i got are few 2.1 GB. I will share pics later with my scrap, feels nice to have people that likes these things.

Edit: I find funny the battery waiting to get dissasembled while it says "do not disassemble"
I have a few more hdd's like the one in the mid but i got no idea of it's capacity.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Oh, i have quite the collection of old hard drives for scrapping, lowest i got are few 2.1 GB. I will share pics later with my scrap, feels nice to have people that likes these things.

Edit: I find funny the battery waiting to get dissasembled while it says "do not disassemble"
I have a few more hdd's like the one in the mid but i got no idea of it's capacity.
My first computer (Pentium 60ghz) costed me more than a month salary and had a whopping 1GB harddisk. Now people see more modern harddisks as old and worth to collect. Kind of sucks to get so old..:sneaky:

My first computer (Pentium 60ghz) costed me more than a month salary and had a whopping 1GB harddisk. Now people see more modern harddisks as old and worth to collect. Kind of sucks to get so old..:sneaky:
I guess you meant 66MHz, Mine was 50MHz

I guess you meant 66MHz, Mine was 50MHz
So I had a better and more modern than you..... :cool:

Tried to give it away a number of years ago, to a 10 year old girl. She did not want the old Sh*t as she said. The inflation in electronics is extreme. So i did trow it away. Today i realise it was a pentium in it.

So I had a better and more modern than you..... :cool:

Tried to give it away a number of years ago, to a 10 year old girl. She did not want the old Sh*t as she said. The inflation in electronics is extreme. So i did trow it away. Today i realise it was a pentium in it.
Well, mine was a 486 DX4 and a whopping 528Mb HD only partly partitioned since Win 3.11 did not support bigger partitions than 3-400Mb at the timešŸ„³šŸ˜‚
Those were the daysšŸ˜Š

You guys are funny! My first was an 80286 running at 12 Mhz, with a whopping 40 MB drive. It cost over $2,000 and was pretty much top of the line. I'm old at 68 years. Now you know why I'm so cranky sometimes. šŸ˜Š

Dave
I'm getting there too :ROFLMAO:
I was past 30 when I bought my first computer, so I had a late start;)

You have any cellphones from that era to get rid of, and I'm your huckleberry. Those suckers are usually loaded with gold !

Amiga 500 with 512kb of ram.
Later upgraded with a 120MB HDD and another 2 MB of ram. They cost something like 350$.

You guys are funny! My first was an 80286 running at 12 Mhz, with a whopping 40 MB drive. It cost over $2,000 and was pretty much top of the line. I'm old at 68 years. Now you know why I'm so cranky sometimes. šŸ˜Š

Dave
You, Yankees, always have to be best.

How did your friends react to your new computer? I remember mine looked at it as it was the holy grail. You got yours early in the game, when few had a pc, so you must have stuck out.

I got mine as an adjunct to work. It was a little faster and had a little bigger hard drive. It allowed me to work on projects at home in the evenings since several of us had to share the work computer.

I went high end thinking it would serve me for many years. I never made that mistake again. After that, I would buy last year's technology at a bargain knowing it would all be outdated sooner than later.

Dave

A youngster, of today, would not survive on 650k
There was this guy, I think he was German, he wrote a functional 3D game in assembly and it was 320k if my memory serves me right.
Many things that is possible is not done because computer storage is too cheap today to mind the bloating process.

Latest posts

Back