purple

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glondor

Another interesting question. Over the last week I have been doing many things in my little shop. It seems I put a little pail of poormans A R to the side for some reason. I really do need a bigger work area.

I came across it today and to my surprise it had turned purple like grape juice. I decanted some of the liquid and there were purple grey crystals on the bottom.

Doing a search leads to silver, however I have not been working with silver.

Stanous test I can not interpret because the ar is purple. Any ideas?

DSCN1818.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

Hey Steve. I think it was some material I poured off while trying to deal with the tin monster.I put it aside when the filtration process stalled. That material was a mish mash of little bits and pieces from pulling bunches of stuff apart. Pins, bits of foils, all the glittery gold stuff left in the bottom of a tub that had been full of parts. This tub here as a matter of fact. I pulled out all the coax connectors and threw the rest in some poormans. (I won't do that again)

DSCN1808.jpg

Most likely colloidal gold. You might try evaporating until dryness, then incinerating. After incineration, a boiling wash in HCl, then rinses until you have a clear solution. I would then dissolve the values in the solvent of my choice (AR, for example).

Harold

Thanks Harold, I will evaporate slowly in the sun, (yes! it has finally arrived here!) And proceed as recommended. I will report back as I make progress.

Well after ignoring the solution for a few weeks it has turned brownish and there is a nice thick layer of black powder on the bottom. I will put it in the hot pan next week and evaporate slowly and wash with hcl as per instructed.

Latest posts

Back