Question on rinse process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read never tested that the black sands dont have gold in them, but
stuck to or mixed in just very small.
Freddy Dodge uses a shaker table for this on tv
How about some form of magnetic seperation

Acidify it and use Stannous?
Unless there might be any adverse reactions regarding the Thio?
In Cynide this is out if the question of course.
Well I was thinking that but reading research it mentions if you adjust the ph it will hold the gold in solution? Maybe bs. I am wondering if cementing with something more reactive than copper? I have some galvanized metal that has zinc? Or I have aluminum powder. But then get all the junk too..

Well I was thinking that but reading research it mentions if you adjust the ph it will hold the gold in solution? Maybe bs. I am wondering if cementing with something more reactive than copper? I have some galvanized metal that has zinc? Or I have aluminum powder. But then get all the junk too..
When my copper oxidized on accident it drop quite a lot of silver out. So not figuring what to do. Strong base anion beads.. do they absorb all metals in solution or only nobles?

I used stannous and this is what it looks like. Says Pt. Unless it's a reaction to the sulphur?
I don't think Pt.
Better either use a cotton bud or a strip of paper.

The question is if your leach reaches the Gold and if it do actually solubilize it.

Your initial Stannous test do not support this.
So unless the Gold are in solution there is no point in cementing.
All other metals than Copper will drop many base metals as well.

I don't think Pt.
Better either use a cotton bud or a strip of paper.

The question is if your leach reaches the Gold and if it do actually solubilize it.

Your initial Stannous test do not support this.
So unless the Gold are in solution there is no point in cementing.
All other metals than Copper will drop many base metals as well.
By the reactivity table gold silver and pgms should only come out with copper. I didn't acidize first, just put the stannous in since it is hcl. Maybe that doesn't work.

By the reactivity table gold silver and pgms should only come out with copper. I didn't acidize first, just put the stannous in since it is hcl. Maybe that doesn't work.
The precious metals come out with "all" base metals.
But the base metals don't cement on Copper.
If I'm not mistaken, pH need to be lower than 4 to let Stannous work properly.

The precious metals come out with "all" base metals.
But the base metals don't cement on Copper.
If I'm not mistaken, pH need to be lower than 4 to let Stannous work properly.
I guess I don't understand base metals? The purpose of making the fancy bubbler with copper sheets that is on here was to only precipitate the PM only to the bottom of the container.

I guess I don't understand base metals? The purpose of making the fancy bubbler with copper sheets that is on here was to only precipitate the PM only to the bottom of the container.
Early morning here.:oops:
The PMs will come out with all metals, but Copper will only cement out the PMs.
For instance, Iron will cement out the PMs plus Copper.

So got a question. Bought a DC power supply. I have gold in solution. In a thio solution. If I add the recommended amount of copper sulfate into the solution, can I do a copper anode to copper cathode and do the ion transfer. Will the gold that is in solution drop out?

So got a question. Bought a DC power supply. I have gold in solution. In a thio solution. If I add the recommended amount of copper sulfate into the solution, can I do a copper anode to copper cathode and do the ion transfer. Will the gold that is in solution drop out?

Attachments

• 20240722_173225.jpg
    20240722_173225.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back