Question on rinse process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck happened? Copper sulfate with copper sheets and now this?
What about waiting for replies before you do something?
I'm not very proficient in cells.
But what you will need for your plan is an Electrowinning cell and they are constructed different.
They often use a felt like cathode and have much shorter distance.

Quoting reply:

""SRM said:
Have you considered a glycine leach?

I have not. But I am looking into it. Seems promising.""

My i advise to look into "how to get your gold out" before you dissolve it.

Quoting reply:

""SRM said:
Have you considered a glycine leach?

I have not. But I am looking into it. Seems promising.""

My i advise to look into "how to get your gold out" before you dissolve it.
What do you mean get out before dissolve it? Around 80 percent of my gold in black sands is 200 mesh and smaller in a 10 bs to 1 gold/silver ratio. If you know of a way to get 95% recovery or better of both Au and Ag then I am all ears. Gravimetrically with three types of devices have proved very limited recovery. And glycine is to expensive to afford to use on such a large amount. So thiosulfate seemed to be the one I would try.

Leaching kind of implies putting pm's in solution to concentrate and isolate, i.e. dissolving. So how will you get it back out of solution?
Like getting dissolved gold out of a thiosulphate solution. if you don't know how, then why dissolve it and not just give it away? Unless you have a use or customer for pm's dissolved in thiosulfate.

I read somewhere to cement dissolved silver on steel wool, but how exactly; at which pH or with which pretreatments or additions, no idea.

To me it sounds like you put your money in a safe without knowing the combination of the safe?

That should be check number one, right?

I figured out how to get all metals to drop out of thiosulphate solution and it was by pure accident. Going to mix up and make sure it was not an outlier. Then I may share because it will be a breakthrough that nobody has been able to figure out. It did the same as smb does to hcl solution. Will try again this weekend.
Leaching kind of implies putting pm's in solution to concentrate and isolate, i.e. dissolving. So how will you get it back out of solution?
Like getting dissolved gold out of a thiosulphate solution. if you don't know how, then why dissolve it and not just give it away? Unless you have a use or customer for pm's dissolved in thiosulfate.

I read somewhere to cement dissolved silver on steel wool, but how exactly; at which pH or with which pretreatments or additions, no idea.

To me it sounds like you put your money in a safe without knowing the combination of the safe?

That should be check number one, right?

not sure but i use sodium thio sulfate to turn crusted silver chloride from silver coated gold after AR and it turns the silver chloride into silver oxide which breaks apart from the gold with agitation then alloys AR to attack the remaining gold i have into solution.

Why are you using it ?

not sure but i use sodium thio sulfate to turn crusted silver chloride from silver coated gold after AR and it turns the silver chloride into silver oxide which breaks apart from the gold with agitation then alloys AR to attack the remaining gold i have into solution.

Why are you using it ?
Trying to use thiosulfate for leaching of super fine gold in black sands concentrates.

I figured out how to get all metals to drop out of thiosulphate solution and it was by pure accident. Going to mix up and make sure it was not an outlier. Then I may share because it will be a breakthrough that nobody has been able to figure out. It did the same as smb does to hcl solution. Will try again this weekend.
I am curious about the results. Did you try it again?

Latest posts

Back