ram yeild

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarkava

Could any one tell me how much gold recover from one kg mix ram and it is worth to buy 1 kg ram for 30 $ usd .

thank you

:lol: :lol: this question has been answered ,what feels like a million times. :lol: :lol:

Try reading or seaching just a little bit and you shall find. :lol: :lol:

welcome to the forum .

i couldn't find that answer i just want to know it worth to buy 1 kg for 30 $ usd plzzz help

thank you

That's about 2 Lbs of RAM. He should be able to come out okay on it as long as he isn't looking to make a great profit. It would be an investment to learn with. :|

finally i bought 100 ram for 40 rs(pakistani rupees ) each .

now what i have to do . i mean could somedoby give me list of stuff to recover gold .

zarkava said:
finally i bought 100 ram for 40 rs(pakistani rupees ) each .

now what i have to do . i mean could somedoby give me list of stuff to recover gold .

Do a seach using finger's, Acid/peroxide and you will find your answers.

zarkava said:
what should i buy first . do i need any equipment ?

What you should do first is calm down, and read the forum first. You only have to post a question once for it to be seen and answered. You can go back to your question in the other topic and hit the X in the bottom corner.
(Now the X will be gone, since someone answered your question, but try to keep all questions and answers in one thread from now on. It makes things easier for everybody)

Its all here on the forum, and has been gone over so many times, that you will find what you need to know by searching. Read Hoke's book. And most of all have patience, don't even start any process until you have read about it and taken notes. Also understand all the dangers of what you will be dealing with, and the fumes.

Jim

shyknee said:
:lol: :lol: this question has been answered ,what feels like a million times. :lol: :lol:

Try reading or seaching just a little bit and you shall find. :lol: :lol:

welcome to the forum .

Expect a million more questions :| Gold is at an all time high. I seem to be getting a few subscriptions on my youtube channel daily. Unfortunately, people always want the quick and easy.

Claudie said:
That's about 2 Lbs of RAM. He should be able to come out okay on it as long as he isn't looking to make a great profit. It would be an investment to learn with. :|

He will not come out OK.
1 kilogram of mixed RAM is anything from 40 to 100 pieces /they weight from 10 to 25gram each/
So we talk about 40 to 100g of close cut fingers. He may pull out 0.1 to 0.4g from fingers.
If he process chips too - even with crude method as we seen on youtube with guy grinding them with mortar and pestle and panning - he got 3g of not refined gold colored powder of questionable karat or composition from 800 chips - we can consider it as urban legend as nobody from here did the same experiment, but hey lets believe this for this moment.../ In his 40-100 pieces he may have 8-16 chips on each so it is from 320-640 or 800-1600. Let take average so we talk 480 to 1200 chips so he may actually get more gold out of chips than from fingers - it depend what type of RAM is he processing and if it all was really gold - on that youtube video. 1.5 to 4g

My conclusion is he is going to lose money on this one as return will not cover purchase, use of acids and in case of processing chips again work - you have to get them crushed, gas for incineration and chemicals for refining.

He will not lose a lot and certainly it will be gain if he will look at it as a learning as you go. It may be nice investment to find out what his ability is and at the end of the day he will know how much he can pay as it all depend on how much is he able to recover. Now he need to take few weeks off and spend them studying.

patnor1011 said:
Claudie said:

He will not come out OK.
1 kilogram of mixed RAM is anything from 40 to 100 pieces /they weight from 10 to 25gram each/
So we talk about 40 to 100g of close cut fingers. He may pull out 0.1 to 0.4g from fingers.
If he process chips too - even with crude method as we seen on youtube with guy grinding them with mortar and pestle and panning - he got 3g of not refined gold colored powder of questionable karat or composition from 800 chips - we can consider it as urban legend as nobody from here did the same experiment, but hey lets believe this for this moment.../ In his 40-100 pieces he may have 8-16 chips on each so it is from 320-640 or 800-1600. Let take average so we talk 480 to 1200 chips so he may actually get more gold out of chips than from fingers - it depend what type of RAM is he processing and if it all was really gold - on that youtube video. 1.5 to 4g

My conclusion is he is going to lose money on this one as return will not cover purchase, use of acids and in case of processing chips again work - you have to get them crushed, gas for incineration and chemicals for refining.

He will not lose a lot and certainly it will be gain if he will look at it as a learning as you go. It may be nice investment to find out what his ability is and at the end of the day he will know how much he can pay as it all depend on how much is he able to recover. Now he need to take few weeks off and spend them studying.

If all he is after is some gold and a learning experience on how to recover & refine it from the RAM, he should be okay. I don't see a great deal of cost on his part. Like I said, he isn't going to see a great profit, and like you said, it does matter what kind of RAM he is working with. He may not get enough gold to even see. If he is planning on buying this RAM and making enough profit from it to take the week off of work, that would be a bad decision on his part. Someone has started a rumor that there is a gold mine in every old computer and with the price of gold ever rising, people are eager to believe that and want their piece of the pie. I think that would partially explain the value of E-Bay gold.

Claudie said:
patnor1011 said:
Claudie said:

He will not come out OK.

If all he is after is some gold and a learning experience on how to recover & refine it from the RAM, he should be okay. I don't see a great deal of cost on his part. Like I said, he isn't going to see a great profit, and like you said, it does matter what kind of RAM he is working with. He may not get enough gold to even see. If he is planning on buying this RAM and making enough profit from it to take the week off of work, that would be a bad decision on his part. Someone has started a rumor that there is a gold mine in every old computer and with the price of gold ever rising, people are eager to believe that and want their piece of the pie. I think that would partially explain the value of E-Bay gold.

No kidding, It makes me chuckle when I see bidders throwing $20 for a pound of ram, and then another $10 in shipping. I can't imagine there being $30 worth of gold in a pound of RAM. Even if there was, you're looking at the time and additional money to refine it. Hopefully, the bubble will burst soon. Until then, I'm keeping my eyes out for other places to scrounge my treasure. Thrift stores have been pretty good to me lately, found some good sterling silverware and the odd pair of broken PM plated reading glasses for .25 to a dollar. Can't beat that right?

Back