Recovery : Flexible Circuit with Gold circuit tracks

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you guys think about the design of this incinerator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd588wRg8L0

looks like easy to build.

never incinerated before, so after watching the vid i still can't tell if it performs well enough to worth the trouble building it (and buying a blower/vacuum).

if i vary the size of the 'chimney'/exhaust, how much is it going to influence the performance? bigger the better? if i can't find big hollow tube i can use multiple small one, right?

the blower i'm thinking about buying has a maxium output of 4700 liter per minute (78 liter per second), with adjustable output. overkill? can use em for my photography works after this project.

is it a good idea to inject fuel like kerosene or gasoline/petrol (via pressure difference, like in venturi tube or paint spray gun) into the flow of 'forced' air?

how bad of an idea is it to put the air jet inlet at the top of the drum? all furnace design i've seen put the inlet at the bottom. but working with a drum, having it at the top make it less cumbersome when trying to clear the ashes.

nevermind... built it already, just haven't test it yet.

i use freon tank for the top chamber.

will feed fuel (LPG) using Sidearm gas burner, with forced air using leaf blower (20-70 liter/sec).

wanting to reuse the burner for a simple furnace i'll build later using either a bucket or small drum lined with 4 inch of kawool fibre. Not sure if using only kawool fibre is less efficient than having cast molded furnace, but i built two incinerator so will be able to use two Sidearm for the furnace to make up for lack of ITC-100 and refractory bricks/cements, so to pump more BTU into it.

Latest posts

Back