recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonpope2

i have a solution hydrochloric and nitric acid with only 24 kt grain gold. how can i easily recover the gold back out of the acid?

jack_burton said:
maynman1751 said:
If you already had 24k gold, why did you dissolve it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

:lol:
we make enamel. my uncle passed away,i was his student. you dissolve gold to create red and pink glass. i have about 6 troy oz passed onto me in the inheritance. is there a way to do this? if not i still have 24 kt grain just hate to throw it away

jimdoc said:
jasonpope2 said:
if not i still have 24 kt grain just hate to throw it away

Yea, I hate that useless 24kt grain also. I just throw mine away.

Jim
i am speaking of the dissoved gold. if i can recover it easily i will. that is the point of being on this site

jimdoc said:
jasonpope2 said:
if not i still have 24 kt grain just hate to throw it away

Yea, I hate that useless 24kt grain also. I just throw mine away.

Jim
i am speaking of the dissoved gold. if i can recover it easily i will. that is the point of being on this site

it would all depend on whether you want pure gold out of solution or you just want gold metal that may not be so pure. the simplest and fastest process is to cement the gold out of solution on a clean copper buss bar. if theres only gold in solution and your copper is clean with no coatings, the gold should cement out at around 99% pure. maybe even 99.5%.

Jason the guys are joking with you but not in any way to be nasty, we do get some strange individuals join the forum so we try to see if the posts are serious and related to the subject of precious metals.
While I can tell you as can all of the others who have posted how to recover the gold I would hesitate to give that information out to easily until I know you know exactly what it entails, the other thought going through my mind is that you mention you use this to make glass, are you sure recovering the gold will be more profitable than using it in the enamelling business your in?
There are several very easy methods to recover your values using selective precipitants and a little rinsing, drying and melting but consider the value to your business of that solution before you decide if this is what you want to do.

jasonpope2 said:
jack_burton said:
maynman1751 said:
If you already had 24k gold, why did you dissolve it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

:lol:
we make enamel. my uncle passed away,i was his student. you dissolve gold to create red and pink glass. i have about 6 troy oz passed onto me in the inheritance. is there a way to do this? if not i still have 24 kt grain just hate to throw it away

Jason,

If you still need help with this then please email me at [email protected] - I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can.

Please don't be offended by the members who seem to be intimidating - they mean well and are just trying to help you.

kadriver

Latest posts

Back