Refing Gold from Colorado Tellurides

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amalgamation

Hello, my name is John and I have found a good amount of tellurides in the mineral belt of Colorado and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on companies that will refine tellurides?

Is it worth it to roast the samples to bring out the gold in the samples?

Is their a market for these types of ores?

Is it possible to have an assay performed to determine the amounts of precious metals present? If so, does the assay need to be a platinum group assay rather than a regular fire assay?

I am new to the forum and hope I am following all forum rules in this post.

I have also found other types of gold and silver ores, gold, silver, and copper alloys, ( some with ancient paleo hebraic letters engraved) mustard or sponge gold that seems to have very thin white (quartz?) veins running all the way through the fine grade molecules.

I am not very experienced with chemical extractions but have a lot of questions and am hoping that I can find some wisdom and guidance here on this forum now that I have a digital microscope and can post photos of samples.

Thanks everyone and have a great day,

John in Colorado

Attachments

• IMG_20240710_133237.jpg
    IMG_20240710_133237.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • PICA0014.jpg
    PICA0014.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
  • PICA0015.jpg
    PICA0015.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
  • PICA0016.jpg
    PICA0016.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • PICA0017.jpg
    PICA0017.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
The bit you will probably not like is that you need to spend money to possibly save money.
Get your assays done for gold, silver, platinum and palladium, if you get nothing on the platinum group metals then you do not have to worry about these metals in future processing.
Despite many hoary tales about the impossiblity of leaching tellurides there are many such ores which will respond well to cyanide leaching.
What will usually not respond well to a cyanide leach is concentrates from telluride ores even though the original ore may respond.
Reputable mining companies will need to see assay results from a recognised lab to even show any interest in your ore, they will also need to see geologists reports covering most facets of your leases, ore grades, reserves and general information regarding access, water supplies and tailings disposal.
Getting the above done is not cheap but it is cheaper than trying to mine the deposits yourself with all of the compliance and reporting needed for state and federal agencies.
You will still need all of the above reports for agency reporting so there are no savings to be had there.
Unless you have a background in mining and are keen to do the work on your deposit yourself even knowing the bureaucratic fun involved in the rules and regulations, the best advice I can give you, assuming that you do not have a very large lot of spare cash doing nothing, is to get the minimum reportage done to sell the leases to a small to mid size mining company.
The finding of the deposits is the easy, cheap and fun part of mining, to go anywhere past this will take all of the fun and cheapness out of the experience.
Deano

do you have some analysis results? many companies do the refine of Te and Au.

Hello, my name is John and I have found a good amount of tellurides in the mineral belt of Colorado and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on companies that will refine tellurides?

Is it worth it to roast the samples to bring out the gold in the samples?

Is their a market for these types of ores?

Is it possible to have an assay performed to determine the amounts of precious metals present? If so, does the assay need to be a platinum group assay rather than a regular fire assay?

I am new to the forum and hope I am following all forum rules in this post.

I have also found other types of gold and silver ores, gold, silver, and copper alloys, ( some with ancient paleo hebraic letters engraved) mustard or sponge gold that seems to have very thin white (quartz?) veins running all the way through the fine grade molecules.

I am not very experienced with chemical extractions but have a lot of questions and am hoping that I can find some wisdom and guidance here on this forum now that I have a digital microscope and can post photos of samples.

Thanks everyone and have a great day,

John in Colorado
From what I can see in your pictures, the specimen you posted is more of a metamorphic rock of the Gneiss/Schist/Migmatite variety. The shiny is most likely Muscovite, a Mica mineral. Assays are getting expensive, so I am starting to recommend people talk to rock heads, before sending off to an assay lab. A good book on geology will be a better investment then the cost of 1 assay.

Latest posts

Back