Refining chemicals: suppliers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kurtak said:
dannytaki said:
Hi guys, we can supply refining chemicals at http://www.AllianceChemical.com. Many of our customers have used our chemicals in their refining processes with success.
We carry these chemicals and more:
Nitric Acid 65%, ACS Reagent Grade 1L $58.00 + $27.00 (freight + hazmat)
Nitric Acid 70% ACS Reagent Grade 2.5L $110 + $27.00 (freight + hazmat)
6 X 1 Case Nitric Acid 70% ACS Reagent Grade 2.5L $300 + $40 (freight + hazmat)
Hydrochloric acid 32% ACS Reagent Grade 1L $25.00 + $27.00 (freight + hazmat)
Hydrochloric acid 32% ACS Reagent Grade 1GL $68.00 + $27.00 (freight + hazmat)

Those prices are just flat out ridiculous - I just picked up 13 gallons of 68% nitric for $100 = $7.69/gallon or $2.03/liter

I can buy 57% nitric for under $3.00 a gallon but I have to buy it in a 55 gallon drum (I am down to about 3 gallons from the last drum I bought)

I can buy HCl all day long at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, or Fleet Farm for $7.00 a gallon (which is $1.85 a liter)

Kurt

Kurt do some more checking for your HCL. I can get it around here for less than $5.00 /gal., check with smaller stores or pool supply store. #0% savings adds up over time.

That's not where we get it from, just an illustration. I just have used them for small quantities of ACS grade which is just technical grade that's been redistilled.

I think our costs vary quarterly but 67-70% stuff is about $1.30-1.50/ gallon delivered in 330 gallon stainless totes.

Muriatic (31.45%) in totes is a little less, about a 90 cents or so

Lou said:
I think our costs vary quarterly but 67-70% stuff is about $1.30-1.50/ gallon delivered in 330 gallon stainless totes.

I just haven't hit the point were I get the REALLY BIG BOY price cut yet :lol: working on it though :mrgreen:

I just have used them for small quantities of ACS grade which is just technical grade that's been redistilled.

So its the difference between ACS & Tech grade due to cost of redistilling - that's what I thought

Kurt

Barren Realms 007 said:
Kurt do some more checking for your HCL. I can get it around here for less than $5.00 /gal., check with smaller stores or pool supply store. #0% savings adds up over time.

The smaller stores around here have always been around $7.00/gallon - I used to be able to get it from the store's I mentioned for about $3.50

Then about a year & a half ago it started literally flying off the shelf as fast as they got it in stock --- I think what happened was there was a "rash" of other local guys thought they were going to jump into this & get rich quick - but when they found out it was not easy & not a path to getting rich quick their dreams were short lived - I personally knew of two guys & heard rumors of a few more - for about 9 months it was next to impossible to find HCl on the shelf unless you got to the store within a couple of days of the store putting it on the shelf

That's when "all" the stores jacked the price up double what it was before - now its back to normal where HCl is on the shelf anytime you need it --- but as in most cases like this - now that they have jacked the price up (due to short lived high demand) they are not lowering the price - even though demand has dropped off

Here is an example of one such local guy :arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=22914&p=240440&hilit=safety#p240400

Kurt

Does anyone know if a chemical supplier in Tennessee. A drive for hno3 sounds better and more cost efficient for me. Thanks in advance.

Humphreys County. I guess it would be considered west-middle tn. I'm right on the TN River.

Industrial Chemicals Inc

3349 Ambrose Ave, Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 724-0150

https://g.co/kgs/nP8igA

$125 for a 170 lbs of nitric acid. (17 gallons )
$200 keg deposit.

Palladium said:
Industrial Chemicals Inc

3349 Ambrose Ave, Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 724-0150

https://g.co/kgs/nP8igA

$125 for a 170 lbs of nitric acid. (17 gallons )
$200 keg deposit.
Thanks Palladium..

Palladium, do you know if I can get a smaller quantity? I tried their website but couldn't get any where :(

All I need to know is where I can buy nitric acid hoping somewhere near Topeka Kansas. I don't a lot of it right now but just need enough to get me started

Tantaros said:
All I need to know is where I can buy nitric acid hoping somewhere near Topeka Kansas. I don't a lot of it right now but just need enough to get me started

Hello fellow kansan.
I dont know of anywhere up there. But, science education center in wichita sells small bottles. (expensive, but mark [owner] is a great guy...and he even sells other refining supplies) dudadiesel (online) sells to anyone with a credit card and an address.

Last 2 liters I bought came from Amazon, ships from Allied Chemical in Texas. Delved to my door, no business address required. Was cheaper than others places that do require a business address to ship to.

Yes, I was surprised at that too.

Has anyone used the Nitric Acid from China? I'm in western Canada, and the best i can find is over $120/liter... scary prices..... Online you can get a 500 ml bottle from China for $1, free shipping. The spec sheet shows it is normal strength etc etc but sometime China can be surprising...
Still ready to take the plunge for a half dozen as I cannot get anything delivered out here cheap. Thought I found a good deal from Ontario and then Purolator wanted $80 to ship it... sigh....

I'm in no rush, still reading lots and collecting PM's..but.....

Any help in finding some nitric acid around Paducah KY... Im going to refine some gold fill and am having a hard time trying to source some local nitric acid. Thanks for the help in advance..

Salburr said:
Has anyone used the Nitric Acid from China? I'm in western Canada, and the best i can find is over $120/liter... scary prices..... Online you can get a 500 ml bottle from China for $1, free shipping. The spec sheet shows it is normal strength etc etc but sometime China can be surprising...
Still ready to take the plunge for a half dozen as I cannot get anything delivered out here cheap. Thought I found a good deal from Ontario and then Purolator wanted $80 to ship it... sigh....

I'm in no rush, still reading lots and collecting PM's..but.....
Can you post a link. Many people may be interested if it turns out to be a good source.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back