reverse electoplating help me

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, adding glycerin to concentrated sulfuric when warm and adding the least bit of nitrate (such as nitric acid) creates a very explosive compound you may have heard of, its called nitro-glycerin. dont blow yourself up. be sure you know what your adding and what the reaction will be before you even start a process.

Geo said:
also, adding glycerin to concentrated sulfuric when warm and adding the least bit of nitrate (such as nitric acid) creates a very explosive compound you may have heard of, its called nitro-glycerin. dont blow yourself up. be sure you know what your adding and what the reaction will be before you even start a process.
Thanks for the info on that. Otherwise it would have been likely id of been hurt severly. But along with hokes. Book i also have chem1 and 2 for dummies coming in the mail. To reteach myself. But thats how i taught myself C++

One reason I banned you was that several members requested that I do so. I have decided to give you another chance, but that's it. Nothing has changed. If you continue to be as annoying as you were before, you'll get banned again and again and again. I also expect an apology from you to Goldenchild.

As far as I know, there is only one patent on this, Mason in 1940. He didn't use glycerin. I used the stripper daily for about 5 years and I didn't use glycerin. I used a 50 gallon tank made of 1/4" mild steel and used the tank as the cathode. There was no visible attack on the steel. Lead also works fine. Even copper would probably work. Whoever first used the glycerin is a mystery but it's definitely not needed.

The most important thing is to not let the temperature get over 110F and, preferably, not over 100F. Overheating occurs by using too much amperage. When overheated, the solution dissolves things you don't want to dissolve, like the copper screen used as an anode basket for pins and other small parts. When I ran the large 50 gallon cell, I didn't exceed 5 amps/gallon.

There is no absolute one way to do anything in this business. That's one reason why study and knowledge is so important. The more knowledge you have, the more options you have, and the more options you have, the more easily you can adapt to any situation.

Book knowledge only goes so far. If you don't actually set up a cell and run it, the book knowledge is worthless. There's tons of information on the forum on how to do this. Just study and then go with your best shot, even if it's not perfect. Then, you'll be in a position to ask realistic questions. Sometimes we learn the most by our mistakes.

Attachments

• 2185858 - METHOD_OF_REMOVING_GOLD.pdf
    86.2 KB
goldsilverpro said:
One reason I banned you was that several members requested that I do so. I have decided to give you another chance, but that's it. Nothing has changed. If you continue to be as annoying as you were before, you'll get banned again and again and again. I also expect an apology from you to Goldenchild.

As far as I know, there is only one patent on this, Mason in 1940. He didn't use glycerin. I used the stripper daily for about 5 years and I didn't use glycerin. I used a 50 gallon tank made of 1/4" mild steel and used the tank as the cathode. There was no visible attack on the steel. Lead also works fine. Even copper would probably work. Whoever first used the glycerin is a mystery but it's definitely not needed.

The most important thing is to not let the temperature get over 110F and, preferably, not over 100F. Overheating occurs by using too much amperage. When overheated, the solution dissolves things you don't want to dissolve, like the copper screen used as an anode basket for pins and other small parts. When I ran the large 50 gallon cell, I didn't exceed 5 amps/gallon.

There is no absolute one way to do anything in this business. That's one reason why study and knowledge is so important. The more knowledge you have, the more options you have, and the more options you have, the more easily you can adapt to any situation.

Book knowledge only goes so far. If you don't actually set up a cell and run it, the book knowledge is worthless. There's tons of information on the forum on how to do this. Just study and then go with your best shot, even if it's not perfect. Then, you'll be in a position to ask realistic questions. Sometimes we learn the most by our mistakes.

DEAR GOLDENCHILD,

I do heartly aplogize for my attitude, agression, and complete lack of respect to you.
I know now this is not something to be just handed to someone who has not researched and preped for the circumstances.
This take years of work and effort to understand and comprehend fully for all situations that may arise.
I greatly respect you and all others who have worked hard to reach your goals in your research of this field.
I know i conducted myself as a child, and it is a offense i which to correct.
If you havent already, i would ask to take down my comments on youtube. because i know this is not something to be
done by someone who dosent know what they are doing without full understanding of the chemicals in which they are using.
my actions could result in the potential injury of innocent people. They need to take the time to research the subject.
Please accept my deepest aplogies goldenchild.

also i want to again apologies to everyone here as well.

sincerely

leeland bullock

i would private message you gold, but i cannot it will not let me with proxy, and my IP still shows as banned. so i cant come in under leeland.

As you read the forum you might find conflicting information, but everything you need to make your own decision is here, on the forum as well. For example, there are people who use Urea to neutralize Nitric Acid, this works so long as you are not creating Urea Nitrate. However, if you are following the steps most suggest, carefully, this means you are adding only small amounts of Nitric Acid, thus at the end of the reaction you have only added as much as needed and do not have excess Nitric Acid to burn off.

If you read something that is conflicting and do not understand the direction you should move, it might be prudent to then ask questions. However, if you learn enough, read enough, spend enough time bringing yourself up to speed, you will be able to read the material and make your own mind up what is safe or not. It's always good to ask at that point just to clarify the information and confirm your decision.

I try to do this, I think most of the members on this forum do much the same. And if you conduct yourself in a similar manor, help yourself before you ask politely for help, people here are not only going to help you, but also will appreciate your contributions even if only in the form of asking questions that are meaningful.

I feel the same as Butcher, you didn't try to hide what you have done, you apologized and I get a strong feeling you will conduct yourself in a more professional manor while on this forum.

There is something else I would like to mention just because I see it coming up a lot. You said you are running a business and driving a truck 12 hours a day just to make ends meet, or at least that's what it sounds like. I commend you by the way on your willingness to work and not fold or roll over. The problem I see however is that many people who are in situations where they need money turn to this as a way of getting them out of the hole. This very well could be that vehicle, however, unlike with other things you might be able to do, this takes time to learn, time to actually learn how to make it a profitable business. I am still working on the profitable part, everything I have made up to this point has paid the bills and whatever is left over has gone to purchasing equipment. It hasn't made a profit above and beyond my expenses yet. Not that I have done things strictly in the way if I wanted to make that happen, but even still I have started enough businesses myself to know that this isn't something you can jump right into and make a living at, You have to nurse it along, develop not only your business but your knowledge. If you are counting on this to get you out of a hole, it's going to be awhile before you can actually do that. Knowing this I hope slows you down a little so that you can concentrate on what is important, now, rather than feeling like you need to skip over something to get things going faster. The health risk, the risk of death or creating something extremely unsafe are not only very real, but should be taken very seriously. You could harm or kill yourself, or others as well. And it wouldn't be that difficult to do at all. Please don't let money issues be the catalyst for you driving yourself too hard, too fast, and end up harming yourself.

Scott

Thank you goldenchild, thank u goldpro, i look forwared to my IP an leeland name beingunbanned. So that i dont have to proxy or piggyback backoor my way in plus i feel bad having to go about it this way. But i did it cause i felt terrible for how i acted. Look forward to seeing you all soon

So when i see my name an ip ban lifted ill return. but ill study from my mobil phone as its not locked out.

Thank you all and have a good evening.

Latest posts

Back