Reverse electroplating.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mich

Hello. I am from Poland. Sorry for my english:) I watched video "Copper Mesh Anode Demo" and I wonder, black powder is the gold? Or maybe it is Au2So4?

How to recover metallic gold with this process?

The black powder is metallic gold. Its just dirty. You can rinse this black powder and melt it right away if you desire.

Yes. If you'd like to leave the gold in the paper after it has been rinsed and filtered, it can be melted. I would let the paper and gold dry completely, cut off any excess paper that doesn't have gold in/on it, place in a prepared crucible and melt.

I used to make a damp filter paper packet with damp gold or silver powder in it and throw it in the gas crucible furnace. This is safe as long as there is NO MOLTEN METAL in the crucible. If there is, it will likely explode from the rapid expansion of the water and blow a lot of hot metal on your ceiling. You can safely add a damp packet to an empty furnace or to a crucible with material already in it, just as long as there is NO MOLTEN METAL PRESENT.

Latest posts

Back