Shared from my bookshelf

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine from Amazon for $74+ shipping I think. I've been rolling the idea around inside of my head a few days now to host another contest and have a copy of Hokes book as the prize... Maybe I should get to work on that one, what do you think?

Steve

I received a real smart assed response from one of the readers to my promotion of Hoke's book (not from Steve), but the reality of the situation is the book is written with excellent instructions on how to process precious metals, what acids to use, how to test metals, and pretty much anything a layman might need to know in order to refine. The beauty of this book is that it is a "how to" book, unlike many others, and one need not have an understanding of chemistry in order to be successful. Fact is, it was written for people that are not chemically literate.

I have nothing more than a high school education, and took no chemistry classes in school. I not only learned to refine from Hoke's book, I ended up with a thriving refining business, which I sold when I retired.

I recommend the book over any other single book published. Even if you have to pay well over $100, it's a bargain. It is unlikely you'll find any more useful information, regardless of the source.

Harold

Steve, this is an excellent idea ;)
By the way, ebay deleted my advertising auction, saying that I have not the right to say: «We're currently doing contests with gold prices !» arg..

Noxx,

Reword the ad to read " we periodically have contests for free gold recovery items including gold bullion, gold scrap, and refining literature"

Steve

I wonder which forum member turned you in for not having an active contest?

Anyone wanna fess up to the deed?

It matters not now that you crossed your T's and dotted your I's thanks to who ever complained to ebay.

I wonder if ebay sent a spy into the forum?! :lol: :wink: :wink:

If I didn't know any better I'd say someone is trying to cut off your advertising. :wink:

Steve

lazersteve said:
It matters not now that you crossed your T's and dotted your I's...

I never eared this expression before. What does it means ?

lazersteve said:
If I didn't know any better I'd say someone is trying to cut off your advertising. :wink:

This would not even surprise me... But the other forum is scrap dead.

Noxx,

This means to do everything exactly by the book, so that not even a lawyer can find a loop hole!! :lol:

Steve

Alright, I understand !

In french it's most likely to be: Mettre les points sur les i. (we don't talk about the T's lol)

Ralph,

He said "To put the points on I".

Something just seems to get lost in the translation?! :)

Steve

Noxx,
Why not make a CD with info like other people have stolen from here and put on Ebay already. Sell that on Ebay, but also add that everything on the CD and more can be found here: link to this forum. with no shipping needed. That way you are selling something.
Jim

Now this is smart thinking. :idea: :idea: :idea:
I love this place. Dam that is just amazing. Let me give you a big thumbs up.

Do it like AOL does buy giving them CD's away at wal-mart or circuit city.
Do it like the video Professor. The C.D. is free, You only pay for the shipping.

Dam good idea.

Ralph

afella said:
Lazersteve,
Where can I get this book at minimal cost(cheap)?

Afella, I noticed you ask steve about some books. Maybe some of these will help. :arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4722&highlight=#4722

Ralph

Congratulations to all on your extensive gold-related libraries. I am truly impressed and envious.

I have come across some of them as pdf downloads, not Ammen or Hoke but others like T.K. Rose 'The Metallurgy of Gold' etc.

Anyone interested, or in anything specific?

Shaul

Steve,
That is the one that NaNO3 started off the
Google book search topic with. There is a
link to save a pdf off that page.
Jim

Steve;

Here's the link: http://www.archive.org/details/metallurgyofgold00roserich

On the left side of the page, click the download you prefer, & save it where you want.

Shaul

lazersteve said:
I wonder which forum member turned you in for not having an active contest?

Anyone wanna fess up to the deed?

It matters not now that you crossed your T's and dotted your I's thanks to who ever complained to ebay.

Steve

I'm sure there are quite a few people and organizations that would have a financial or philosophical interest in seeing this site go away.

It's like the difference between proponents of open source software and super secret closed source for big bucks corporations and individuals.

Irons said:
I'm sure there are quite a few people and organizations that would have a financial or philosophical interest in seeing this site go away.

It's like the difference between proponents of open source software and super secret closed source for big bucks corporations and individuals.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back