Silver shot.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never experienced the same things that Palladium and the others have. Everything always worked the same even though I'm sure I wasn't perfect enough to hit the nitric on the nuts each time.

To make a long story short, I think my success was mainly due to the dilutions. The 50/50 nitric was half water to start with and I always diluted it 50/50 again with distilled water before settling and filtering. After filtering, I put it back in the bucket and added the copper bars.

The same with aqua regia. I always diluted it 3 to 1 with tap water before filtering and I can't ever remember having any problems dropping the gold with a sulfite.

Another example. Awhile back, for about 4 months, I used stannous chloride at least 10 times every day. The gold bearing solution I tested was about 50% nitric. I put a drop of solution on a spot plate and added 1 drop of stannous chloride solution. It turned deep purple but the color disappeared in a second. I then tried adding 4 drops of tap water before the stannous chloride. The purple appeared and stayed for hours.

It's like diluting dulls the effects of the nitric considerably.

I got it now, and a big Thank You, especially to Palladium, for all the help! When I get enough I'll run the cell and see how the high amperage works out.

Paul.

Shot.jpg

I do believe I've learned a thing or two. Thank You all, and a special thanks to Palladium.

GoodSilver.jpg

8.8 Troy ounces.

Back