Sim card processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topher_osAUrus said:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=22373

(Sorry to dredge up the past Eric!)

That is one of the yield posts I was referring to.

However, I can attest, that the cards I ran were not true "sim cards" but arcade game membership cards (looked identical to the sims though), so their lower yield could be attributed to wear.

Its cool man it taught me the importance of the assay. Mine were whole cards and a mix of sizes.

Eric

This kind of stuff I get shipped straight to my home, already dissassembled mobile phones, batteries and screens included. Is there any precious metals in those screens or batteries? How about car batteries? I have thousands of them sitting in the corner :lol:

edit: forgot picture lol

Attachments

• 21248062_10155564505684178_1374936401_o.jpg
    21248062_10155564505684178_1374936401_o.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 240
anachronism said:
Those phone batteries sell for good money. 8) 8)

The spelling was intentional 4metals. Hey ho. :p

Bakerman - those batteries honestly do sell to certain people for high prices by weight and in some cases per unit. I have two buyers in the UK, I'll ask them the best price for you.

If you really have thousands of car batteries, you have a good source of sulfuric acid for your sulfuric cell. :wink:

Bakerman said:
How about car batteries? I have thousands of them sitting in the corner :lol:
Not a lot of precious metals in those. Check with the local scrap yards and pick the one that pays you the most.
Lead acid batteries are a favorite scrap of mine, doesn't pay so much per kilo but adds up fast, takes small space to store and easy to transfer. Cleaning out old UPS installations can give some fast money.

Göran

Back