Sodium Nitrate - Gold Refining ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razvanflorin

Hello ! :D To be more precise, i have talked in some other posts about gold refining without AR, I have tried to melt the foils in many different ways to get the gold purity higher ,
But my efforts were not successful and i have accepted that the AR is the only way.
I have ordered some Sodium Metabisulfite, it will be here in 3 days.
In this time i would like to try something different in melting of gold foils (A Last try).

In this topic : sodium nitrate effect on gold melt, jason_recliner have talked about Sodium Nitrate as an oxidizer that can purify the gold. can it be used to get a higher purity of gold foils ? or can someone talk some more about his oxidizing properties ?
jason_recliner said:
[stt]In short, no.[/stt]
Borax is a flux for melting.
Sodium nitrate is an oxidiser which may help burn off a few impurities.

[stt]Neither of these compounds will alloy with gold and therefore will not affect your assay negatively.[/stt]

Kind Regards - Florin.

Melting gold foils never gains nothing and it is foolish. You'll never be able to purify the gold in the melt. Forget that! The only way is to use AR on the foils and then drop the gold with either SMB or other precipitant. It's easier to dissolve the foils, as is, than it is to dissolve them after melting.

Latest posts

Back