• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[SOLD] Approx 45lbs of gold-plated contact pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnthills

this item is sold

Attachments

• IMG_20150505_125610.jpg
    IMG_20150505_125610.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20150505_125641.jpg
    IMG_20150505_125641.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20150507_121827.jpg
    IMG_20150507_121827.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20150507_121832.jpg
    IMG_20150507_121832.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 244
jonn said:
My apologies Matt, it looks like we posted at the same time :oops:
Ha! Just barely beat you I guess. No apology necessary. I sure could use some material to work with though :p

you all may want to try a sample first !!

you may find $3.00 of gold per pound is what you will end up with.

no insult intended towards the seller, i have had some nice shiny new parts like those that were very low yield.
i have found that the more shine & pure yellow colour has a lower yield. (hard-gold flash electroplating)

i would also say ebay would be your best bet.

Take 50 g representative, melt up and part with nitric acid.
Ash the filter paper, cupel the residue w/ fire assay and the yield is there.

I've seen plated pins range from 0.1 g/lb to 4.5 g/lb. All depends on the application and when it was manufactured.

Lou

Ive added some info to the original post. The vendor description lists potential gold thickness range on the site I provided. I'm just looking for the best offer with the known facts about the product - not trying to hide anything so check the revised original post.

ah, 0.1-1 um.

1um isn't quite thick, valuable yes, but considering that some MILSPEC platings can run 5 um.

At 0.1 um, take the $15/lb :)

Waiting for payment, buyer requested it kept private. I can share that $15/lb was the first offer I received through a gold recycling company I found on google (not on this forum) and 15/lbs was still the lowest offer I received.

Is there more interest in buying from me? I have other small lots of similar pins and will possibly run across others being thrown out within the next months.

I’d still be interested. Though it’s disappointing you didn’t allow the chance for an assay so that others could make their best offer.

And silversaddle, I don’t mind being outbid by someone else who’s willing to take more of chance with a higher offer (or perhaps has run the same material before), but you obviously have a different philosophy on selling scrap materials. The differing philosophy has been discussed before; I do not wish to resurrect that conversation. But I would respectfully ask that you not distract from an honest buyer/seller interaction unless you’re making your own offers.

Business is business.

If someone makes a bid that the seller is happy with then nobody else's input matters because it's down to the two individuals. I've always found that accepting being outbid with grace tends to lead to more opportunities from the seller in the future.

Deal's been done- onwards and upwards to the next one lads.

Jon

Well I'm not trying to mess up any deals, and I'm surely not interested in buying something that I get all the time for free, just trying to get an idea of what someone here would be willing to pay Vs. someone over on E-Bay. To ask how much one sold his material for on a open forum is a fair question. You want to conduct business here on the forum, you are open to reasonable questions.

You gents have to read properly. 8)
OP said he is waiting for offers, not for first offer.
There is no such thing as selling scrap metal philosophy. Everyone want as much as he can get when he is selling and buy as cheap as possible when buying. That is the only philosophy involved. Anything other is called charity.

patnor1011 said:
You gents have to read properly. 8)
OP said he is waiting for offers, not for first offer.
There is no such thing as selling scrap metal philosophy. Everyone want as much as he can get when he is selling and buy as cheap as possible when buying. That is the only philosophy involved. Anything other is called charity.

I would agree with that statement. That's why I asked. To give me a better idea of what something would bring here on the forum without an assay. I didn't think it to be a bad question.

Silversaddle,

It was your first post in this thread I took issue with, not the later question about the selling price. I agree, that's a fair enough question, and the parties involved could choose to answer or not. Nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts

Back