• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[SOLD] Approx 45lbs of gold-plated contact pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to sell them here or refine them yourself, stop melting them into bars and buttons. It complicates the process.
I would love to sell them. It's more work to refine than I can do right now. I've broken the down and removed all of the springs except some gold plated springs and gold bearings. I've tried to remove anything that will add to the waste.

These are just some of my pins. When I started pulling and saving pins, gold was around 500-600 and ounce. Think about it. Just by sitting on them the value has jumped 400%. Best part is after pulling them, I have not touched them, yet the value goes up.
So yes, I still think that when the time rolls around for me to hang up the spurs, E-Bay will still be the way to go for the best money.
Are you a leprechaun ?

Can you post a clear picture of what you have?
The stuff on the right side of the photo is melted down pins and there's a 10k necklace in there too. The bag in the middle weighs at least 5 pounds but I haven't included that in 13lbs that I weighed out. The coffee can is full of pins that I've removed the springs out of. Any questions or advice, I'm open to all.

Attachments

• 20240322_141438.jpg
    20240322_141438.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
If you want to sell them here or refine them yourself, stop melting them into bars and buttons. It complicates the process.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know. I have been trying to find a clear answer for a few years but can't seem to find a step by step video of the separation of molten gold from molten metals. I just found out that apparently I can't do it by heat as easy as I thought. I can't build a lab for Aqua Regia and I really don't want to be massing around with acid. I'd be pleased to sell them on here to someone.

Last edited:
These are just some of my pins. When I started pulling and saving pins, gold was around 500-600 and ounce. Think about it. Just by sitting on them the value has jumped 400%. Best part is after pulling them, I have not touched them, yet the value goes up.
So yes, I still think that when the time rolls around for me to hang up the spurs, E-Bay will still be the way to go for the best money.
*starts drooling* WE WANTS THE PRRRRRECIOUSSSSSSS!!!

jdgodz1984
If you want to sell them in smaller lots, say 1 lbs each you will probably sell them all right here on the forum pretty quickly.
How much are you asking per pound ?

Memory and processors make up about 70% of what I have in total weigh. I'll pretty much just sell the pins, I've got hundreds of old military helicopter receptacles and busses that I'll get around to eventually.
If you were closer to me I would offer to refine them for a percentage of the recovered and refined gold !!!
Shipping 45 lbs will take a big chunk of the profit.

That is why I suggested that you should sell them in smaller lots.

Smaller lots are cheaper to ship and more affordable.
I might be interested in some of the military pins and would like a price.

Back