Sorry help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alper

I added sodium metabisulphite to the king's water in the first photo as well as the round bottle and iron sulphate to the king's water in the second photo, the flat bottle, now they are on the stove. do you think what should I do please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_195402.jpg
    IMG_20201204_195402.jpg
    4.4 MB
  • IMG_20201204_195353~2.jpg
    IMG_20201204_195353~2.jpg
    1.7 MB
Well, it's difficult to tell from the pictures. What does a stannous test show for each of the solutions.

Of course, we don't know what your starting material was, how much acid you used, whether you deNOxed your solutions, etc.

If a stannous test shows the solutions are barren, then give them a couple of days to settle. They look cloudy.

Dave

After burning electronic scraps and mobile phone scraps like sand like dust, I added king water, that's before. I added a little water, nothing else. This is the current state. I've been boiling since I wrote. Is there someone to tell me what to do. my goal is to get the gold in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_005545.jpg
    IMG_20201205_005545.jpg
    3.2 MB
  • IMG_20201205_005601.jpg
    IMG_20201205_005601.jpg
    2.4 MB
FrugalRefiner said:
Well, it's difficult to tell from the pictures. What does a stannous test show for each of the solutions.

Of course, we don't know what your starting material was, how much acid you used, whether you deNOxed your solutions, etc.

You didn't answer my questions.

What does a stannous test show?

How much "phone scraps like sand like dust" did you start with? Was it ten boards, a hundred boards, or more? What did the "sand like dust" weigh? If you don't know the weight, what was the approximate volume? A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a cup, more?

We refer to your "king's water" as aqua reqia, or AR. It's a combination of hydrochloric acid (HCl) and nitric acid (HNO3). How much of each acid you used is important. How much of each acid did you use?

Did you deNOx your solution to consume any excess nitric acid?

I'm not asking arbitrary questions to be a pain in the butt. The answers will help us guide you to your goal.

Dave

I know what is king water. 3 parts hydrochloric acid 1 part nitric acid. then sodium metabisulfite in a round bottle. I added iron sulfate to the flat bottle. my goal is to get gold.

Answer all of Dave’s questions. All are important if you are to get help. The answer to each tells forum members something of what you did. Without answers, no one knows what you actually did, and therefore can not help you.

Time for more coffee.

Before adding smb/copperas was the used dust filtered? Otherwise, you have now a mixture of gold and used dust

FrugalRefiner said:
FrugalRefiner said:

You didn't answer my questions.

What does a stannous test show?

How much "phone scraps like sand like dust" did you start with? Was it ten boards, a hundred boards, or more? What did the "sand like dust" weigh? If you don't know the weight, what was the approximate volume? A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a cup, more?

We refer to your "king's water" as aqua reqia, or AR. It's a combination of hydrochloric acid (HCl) and nitric acid (HNO3). How much of each acid you used is important. How much of each acid did you use?

Did you deNOx your solution to consume any excess nitric acid?

I'm not asking arbitrary questions to be a pain in the butt. The answers will help us guide you to your goal.

Dave

I live in turkey. I do not know your language. I translate with Google translate. sometimes I don't really understand what you are saying. I can not really explain myself well. It was about 2-2.5 kg that I used. I used 1.5 l of hydrochloric acid - 0.5 l of nitric acid - 0.5 l of water. maybe too much water.

.I want to ask about tin testing. Is there anything I need to be careful about while heating the tin with hydrochloric acid for 30-45 minutes? Does the presence of water droplets in the bottle I filter damage and disrupt the test?

I don't know your language, so if there is any mistake I made, I really apologize. I thank everyone who tried to help. have a nice day .

Alper, you have made many mistakes. They can be fixed.
First big fix is: stop and put the toxic waste away in a safe place.
To know more about your situation we need to know a lot of things..I'll start with these questions:

Did you take all metal from the scrap before burning and kings water? Like iron and aluminum?

And:

Are there there metal pieces still in the solutions?
Like copper or metal.

Martijn.

Latest posts

Back