Stannous Chloride crystles??help!!`

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaythenutz

i was picking up my 25 lbs bag of sodium nitrate at the local clay and pottery supply shop. When i was going over the chem list and saw Stannous Chloride $6.50 for 4 oz if i remember correctly. Any how so i bought a bag 103 g. but i am not quite sure how i make it into liquid. Do i use H20 or HCI. Does anybody know the formula for crystal Stannous Chloride . Ooo in case your interested what i paid, after taxes 27.88 for both.
thanks all /// jay

not really 95 tin 5 silver is $8-$9.00 for a very small amount. plus when im buying bulk with these good people and order small sides they don't charge me for them. (Old school, like America used to be...) i do use solder but i melt it and drip so it splatters very thin then i use scissors a trim it into very thin slivers. I am just hoping this would be cleaner and in this form i would be able to make much smaller batches so less waste. but thanks for your input.

Im a born lever puller i like to try experiment. it is very difficult to have facts when your bases is only one opinion. ///jay still looking for mix ratio....

jaythenutz said:
not really 95 tin 5 silver is $8-$9.00 for a very small amount.
$1.97 at wal-mart in a resealable tube.That can last me at least 6 months.

jaythenutz said:
i was picking up my 25 lbs bag of sodium nitrate at the local clay and pottery supply shop. When i was going over the chem list and saw Stannous Chloride $6.50 for 4 oz if i remember correctly. Any how so i bought a bag 103 g. but i am not quite sure how i make it into liquid. Do i use H20 or HCI. Does anybody know the formula for crystal Stannous Chloride . Ooo in case your interested what i paid, after taxes 27.88 for both.
thanks all /// jay
It is clear to me that you do not read Hoke. Why is that?

Harold

Latest posts

Back