The N00B report

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me that seems a little on the low side for yield. Steve predictions are usually very close. Have you checked your solutions with stannous chloride to make sure there is not gold still in solution?

I think he got his hands on some low to medium yield fingers as opposed to 'high yield fingers' like the ebay seller stated.

Ed,

Can you tell me if the card fingers (not the memory and slotted cpu fingers) were double sided and fully plated (no missing fingers on either side)? If not then there goes the yields I quoted. The numbers I quoted were for fully plated double side card fingers, not the single sided, partially fingered junk fingers that are very common.

Banjags is right on, test all your solutions with stannous before you reuse or cement out the copper with iron. I seriously doubt you'll find more than 0.25 g of gold in your left over solutions, but who knows.

Steve

buying fingers and processors off of ebay i think is a loosing proposition to begin with unless you are the seller or sneak in a killer dealer . There is one guy that sells 2 ounces of fingers for like $20 plus shipping... ouch. Makes me think about selling my bag of fingers 2 ounces at a time instead of refining.

There were more mid to low grade fingers than high, Steve was pretty darn close....
I'm almost positive that I lost value in the mechanics of my process....ie, careful tracking of solutions, proper grading of the material (I overestimated)

This next batch will be done much more carefully. Smaller batches for one, the amount was far too much for a first attempt.

Next process will be some CPU's, trimmed cards that have gold under the solder, pins, header's and slots...etc.

Looking at setting up a cell too :) too bad a cell won't work with GF and karat scrap....need more study though

Latest posts

Back