The price of gold and silver in the future

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robdorf

Hi,
What is your estimate of the price of gold in the future?
What do you expect the ratio between 1 oz gold and 1 silver in the future?

I became interested in gold recently. I found little information on the webXXXXXXXXXXXX/. These sites can possibly help someone else.

Thanks for the advice on the price of gold and silver.
Rob

Considering the comments made by others, and the fact that this post has been reported---I am removing the link, which appears to have but one purpose--that of spamming the board. Any further posting of such links by this individual will result in banishment. Readers---be quick to notify me, or other moderators, should you find a violation.

Harold

rodorf,

The article you had as a reference has multiple hyperlinks (which I did not click on) but in just reading the article itself it says a whole lot of nothing. This being your first post leads me to believe you may be a slick spammer, I hope I am wrong.

You have asked what my estimate is in the future price of gold and silver. Well that depends greatly on what you are pricing it in, the Dollar, Euro, Yuan, or in loaves of bread or barrels of oil. I have little faith in governments maintaining the value of fiat currencies.

As to the ratio between gold and silver…

There are more ounces of above ground gold than there are of silver amazingly enough, yet look at the price spread. Now ask yourself which of the 2 there is the greatest demand for (as in cannot live without) by industry.

Forgetting manipulated markets for a moment (real supply/demand always wins out in the long term) demand vs. supply should set price.

My opinion is that there is less available supply of refined silver as compared to gold on an ounce by ounce basis. At the same time there is a greater demand for silver than gold by industry on an ounce by ounce basis.

Be your own judge.

I expect silver to come to a 15 to 1 spread when the current speculation trend in PMs ends (as all trends do :D ). Between silver's uses in business and industry there seems to be far less recovered compared to gold or platinum group metals. The demand curve for silver from foreign nations also is outstripping production of new silver which should drive a real price increase (as compared to the bubble created recently as everyone tried to crowd in)

Oh ya, and I am a silver bug - there is always that

There is some thing i find interesting i read in the paper and seen on the news just over a year ago that after a two year essay in Afghanistan that the biggest gold strike in recorded history was found. Which seemingly co-insides with the nearly 200 dollar spike in gold prices. The most interesting thing about it is that i only read one article and seen one news broad cast. In the same couple of days. Hmmm make me wonder in this ungoverned land maybe some of the troops have been retrained as miners. I just think it a little strange the biggest gold strike in recorded history would never be herd of again.. Any how on the subject i suspect that when the US economy and world economy start to improve (the dollar gets stronger) PM prices well get back to normal. The key is to keep an eye on the fat cats.///Jay

Latest posts

Back