THIO LEACHING

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destroyer777

Howdy ALL!!!

http://www.goldmineworld.net/thioLeach.html

Do you have any ideas about solution composition? What they are using?
Definitely, the main ingredient is sodium thiosulphate....

they state you would use there elctro-refining,and supplys. and send them lots of money I am sure.
I think there is no new magic just common knowledge sometimes with a twist but same ole stuff packaged up to make a Buck$$.

No, I've got them electrowinning report for 25$ how to create electrowinning unit and I think it's quite effective and not difficult.
It also possible to recover gold by using other methods. It seems them thioleach system is very good and effective.

Destroyer777 said:
No, I've got them electrowinning report for 25$ how to create electrowinning unit and I think it's quite effective and not difficult.
It also possible to recover gold by using other methods. It seems them thioleach system is very good and effective.
Do I understand you correctly, that you paid $25 for an electrowinning report?
Information like that is readily available here on this forum, and if not, from the government printing offices, for a nominal fee.

Any commercial venture is going to make a profit, often one that is abusive, from people that seek information. Sadly, they often sell what is free for the taking if you're willing to do a little research.

Harold

Can anyone help me with this or tell me a good cheap method of leaching Im new at this and dont have a clue as to what would work best and fairly safe!I have been trying leaching with chlorine water and red devil lye bur im doing something wrong because my gold isnt desolving!

Thiosulfate is an excellant method of leaching salts of metals. Sodium Thiosulfate will leach all of the salts of silver and gold and leave a colorless solution. Pgm salts will leave an orange to red solution.
Ammonium Thiosulfate is an alternative to cyanide leaching. It will leach gold, generally at a higher redox rate than cyanide, but does not recover well on charcol. Most such systems use resin recovery. Hope this helps.

Randy in Gunnison

No you dont need to use a bubbler,just make sure it is agitated for good saturation of the thio.And your right shecker it doesnt recover well on regular charcoal,but a good soak in coconut carbon works great and recovery is just as easy.

Please can you tell me more about how to use the sodium or ammonium thiosulfate for placer gold in (black) sand?

I wouldn't like to leach just the gold only. Is any free "How to" for thio leaching guide on the internet?
Which one to choose and why? The thiosulfate or ammonium-sulfate or thiourea?

If "your black sand" does not contain silver, only gold
will react and will later be precipitated. Of course, you
can act on it before with an acid, or acid/peroxide if
you're really bothered. However this will convert thiosulphate
to sulphur. Easier to separate gold at the end of the line.
Ammonium sulphate is not an option. Thiourea
works differently gives precipitate(recommended for rhodium).
If you meant ammonium or sodium thiosulphate - no matter

Ok, so the first step for leach gold is dissolve some ammonium or sodium thiosulfate water. Am I right? I would to choose the sodium-thiosulfate as it's cheaper. But how to calculate the necessary amonunts?
The second step, is put the black sand into the solution and let it for ~72 hours. What temperature is needed for the process.
And what's the next step?

Latest posts

Back