today i using DTA + MSDS +CuSO to leaching , near 6 hr

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One can not toss whole cell phone in acid. It seems you put in some casings, screws, wires, foam padding - looks like whole cell phone minus battery.
Seriously?

Short answer is nothing will happen but you succeeded in producing prime toxic sludge.

I asked wikipedia:

D-threonine aldolase + material safety data sheet (can I take any kind or has it to be some special msds?) + CuSO (do you mean the non-profit development organization? How much of it, do we need? Would a brick of one of their buildings be okay for a minor leaching operation?)

What should happen after 6 hours? Let me see: some glycine forming enzyme, some paper, some bricks put together with a bunch of cell phone boards - öhm...nothing?

Ethylenediamine+Sodium thiosulfate+copper(ii) sulfate pentahydrate
http://www.google.com/patents/CN101824545A?cl=en&hl=zh-TW I follow this way to do

At what pH?

I guess you have only leached base metals. It states copper is best attacked at pH10-12.

I think the main problem is, it is used and tested on ores, not on e-scrap.

krauserruhl, A common mistake is trying to use a mining process on electronic scrap. That patent is for gold ore. The composition of material may exclude the process for electronics. Mining techniques is for low metal content. Cellphones has a very large array of different metals. The chemistry may not work due to metals not found native gold ore.

And as you see when you read the whole thread and the other threads about this subject, it is highly experimental and we still use the common methods that work like a swiss watch.

Then I would start with clean scrap: only gold plating over copper, no solder, no iron, nothing that might complicate things

Is there a reason (like availability of chems or environmental regulations) that you're not using an acid-based process? Like HCl, Copper Chloride (aka Acid-Peroxide/AP), aqua regia, etc.?

upcyclist said:
Is there a reason (like availability of chems or environmental regulations) that you're not using an acid-based process? Like HCl, Copper Chloride (aka Acid-Peroxide/AP), aqua regia, etc.?
No , My home is so small in HK , So cant get too much smell and too much gas . I do it in washroom .

Latest posts

Back