Totally Newbie need help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelayNoMore

Hi all,

I am a total newbie in gold refine, I have gone throught quite a number of topics here and find that there are mant ways to refine. So i am confused :|

I have some 120 grams karat gold, from 8 k to 23k, and want to refine them to around 24k, not need to be .999 pure, but 98% is already acceptable.

I can find many tutorial DVDs on eBay, but i don't know whether they are really useful or just somethine that i can google freely from the net.

And if i should buy one of them, which tutorial should i buy? the one teaching aqua regia? or using HNO3? or electrolysis?

thz very much :p

Welcome to the forum.
Well if you really want to refine gold you've found the worlds best resource and it's free.
I suggest you do a lot of reading starting with C.M.Hoke and the forum handbooks free as a download off Lasersteves signature line and while your there visit his site and watch his videos,which you can also purchase,well worth the money.
We don't hold your hand here,you have to do your part and prove you understand the basics before you'll get any serious help,learning to test your solutions and metallics and how to safely handle and dispose of your chemicals are very important,read the safety section in the main board index. We take the safety of members their neighbours and the environment very seriously on the forum due to the nature of the chemicals used and their reactions and the fumes produced.
Please read all relevant books and threads and use the search function top right to research anything you don't understand before posting questions as many questions have been asked and replied to many times.
Learn and enjoy your new hobby and above all be safe.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Testing and Refining Karat gold DVD as we speak. You can see the inquarting process for free on my website:

http://goldrecovery.us

The DVD will be release within two weeks or less.

Steve

Latest posts

Back