TRC, The Refining Company

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ignatz61 said:
Mic,
I hope for your sake you are not mistaken about the history of Metalbac and that it is the very same one.
I dont really care what you think about the legal ramifications of this.And I doubt highly that anyone else here does either.How many food or movie critics get sued over a bad revue of a restaurant,or movie.....NONE.What about action news reporters that report companies or people that are being investigated or indicted?Not one of them have been,or ever will be sued.This is the technological age of information......and freedom of press and speech prevail.If you insist on pursuing this,take it somewhere else and off of the forum.

Last post on this subject as I am just trying to keep it balanced.

This is not the same as a restuarant or movie review.
Claim that you saw a rat in the kitchen when you did not or that the owner uses a lower grade of meat than advertised or the movie producer hurt an animal during filming and covered it up. Then see what happens.
Ask the lady that claimed she got a finger in her food at a restuarant that turned out to be planted by her. I forget which jail she is in.

Anyway Just trying to add perspective. (something that was missing in early Salem!)

I understand.No problem,I have a knack for getting off base when it comes to the forum,and I just wanted to make sure we keep on track,but no harm no foul.

No Harm No Foul!
I think John and Les would dissagree! You might want to check the dates of incorporation on the 2 companies. I Did...
Les was not Metalbanc until years after the other company went OUT OF BUSINESS.

TRC has been incorporated since 1986,
Nobody scams for that long without going out of business
Ocean's company, since June of last year.

Ocean that is not les....however I am VERY inclined to think that he is in some way related in business.I will find out when I get home tonight.

Ignatz61 said:
You might want to check the dates of incorporation on the 2 companies. I Did...
Les was not Metalbanc until years after the other company went OUT OF BUSINESS.
You need to go back and read this thread again.I made several references to the "original" company.Don't start throwning mud at me.Any information I posted was public knowledge on the internet......which is how I found it.Anyone else can find it just as easily.

Okay guys/gals, this is not going anywhere and has become a mud slinging contest. I do not wish to see anymore commentary that is impolite or accusatory in nature to other members. If it continues, this thread will be locked.

The only reason I am not locking it now is I am willing to see others comments that have had “actual” business dealings, phone conversations, or written correspondence, with TRC The Refining Company. If this cannot be done the thread will be locked or possibly deleted, then we all loose.

I am not a lawyer but I would think that it is legal to state factually ones dealing with another. If it is speculation, one should have good reason to believe something is so, but be careful to say that it is not a fact, just your opinion. I would be very careful as to sharing opinions without some basis in fact.

I just now saw Ocean's post above me as to legal action. Ocean, you may also wish to invite John to join the forum as a representative of TRC to post his version of what happened as long as all stays polite. To be clear I am not accusing you of being wrong, but every coin does have 2 sides that are different. I would think it fair to give him the opportunity to explain what happened and why. It is also hard to claim slander if you are inviting him to present his side. Then it is up to the forum membership to decide for themselves what happened.

TRC may decide not to post, but I think it is fair to provide the opportunity if all is done with manners.

Oz said:
I just now saw Ocean's post above me as to legal action. Ocean, you may also wish to invite John to join the forum as a representative of TRC to post his version of what happened as long as all stays polite. To be clear I am not accusing you of being wrong, but every coin does have 2 sides that are different. I would think it fair to give him the opportunity to explain what happened and why. It is also hard to claim slander if you are inviting him to present his side. Then it is up to the forum membership to decide for themselves what happened.

TRC may decide not to post, but I think it is fair to provide the opportunity if all is done with manners.

If he calls me again, I will invite him to do so in person.

John, Les, please, do come on here and discuss your methods of doing business, your refusal to honor your offers to me, your contradictory staements about being ISO140001 certified, and your connection with MetalBank the company, and their past.

Oz said:
I am not a lawyer but I would think that it is legal to state factually ones dealing with another. If it is speculation, one should have good reason to believe something is so, but be careful to say that it is not a fact, just your opinion. I would be very careful as to sharing opinions without some basis in fact.

I feel you are correct in this statement OZ. I didn't really see anything that was stated that would be considered liable or slanderous. He was just stating the dealings he had with the individuals. I see no reason why the refiner should not come on and state his position as to what had happened and the time frame it had developed in. And to point out how the company has evolved and clear up what has been stated. If I were on the other end of this and I were an honest company I would have no problem coming on the forum and stateing the facts from my point of view to clear things up. This can be done as adults without a mud slinging contest developing.

I have emailed John and Les to offer them the opportunity to explain themselves, their business, and this non-transaction with me.

If they care to show us how they portray the events, and explain how they choose to remedy this style of doing business going forward, they are now aware of this thread and may do so.

Thanks Oz for keeping this open so I can post this.
Sorry this is so late but I just walked in the door (11:40pm).
Before I start I want to make it clear that the info I posted on the "original" owner was long before les bought the company and then john.

I am put in a precarious situation here.I have spoken with jack(ocean) and as you guys can see he is very upset about the deal going south between him and les.
However I spoke with john from TRC for a couple of hours this afternoon and gave him the same opportunity that jack recieved to explain the situation.
In my life I have been in both of their positions many times,selling thousands of pounds of escrap,and purchasing thousands of pounds of escrap.In both situations,I want to get as much out of the deal as possible.
Jack(ocean) you are a friend of mine and I do not want to lose that.......however.....after talking with john I feel bad for what I posted.I should have called him sooner and given him a chance to explain like ignatz suggested.I believe this was just a misunderstanding that got out of control.I am not going to comment on the "deal" that you guys had going,but I honestly think you should give him a chance and talk it out with him.Out of all buyers I have dealt with.....he seemed the most down to earth,and I am sure he would be willing to help fix this problem if you extend the olive branch to him and apologize.I already told him I was sorry for anything derogatory I posted about him or TRC.He wants to make an offer on some of my material and I plan on getting him on the forum sooner or later,he is just really slammed right now.
Ok so on that note its after midnight and my wife just finished making dinner.
Thanks again Oz......

I have no problem with this type of topic or thread as long as people can be polite and professional. In fact I think they are of great use in helping others in deciding where to buy/sell and who to trust. If people stick with the facts and label assumptions and opinion as such, it could be a fine tool. We must always remember that each transaction has two sides, both of which should be heard if respectful. There will be times they will have to agree to disagree as gentlemen can.

I would suggest that this has been aired enough for our members here and may be best served by Ocean and Mic taking their conversation to PM before things go awry once again. I do not mean to shut you guys down as to providing information, but this has taken on the flavor of a discussion that should happen between the two of you privately.

If something further on this issue occurs by way of correspondence by either of you with TRC it would be welcome if it is factual instead of opinion, and clarifies things. Most of all it would be nice to see TRC post here. It would be odd indeed if they did not, given their knowledge of the discussion and their apparent concern to the point that they threatened legal action.

I would also enjoy hearing any comments by others that have dealt with TRC, and their opinion of the transaction after the fact. People are always inclined to have differing opinions. But the more opinions we have the more value there is in having a general consensus. Are more people pleased, or disgruntled by the service provided.

I am a new member of this forum. I have also had 2 transactions with Therefiningcompany.com. in my first shipment was 21lbs total: 11lb of gold ram and 10lbs of processors all separated as instructed by John. I spoke with John for about an hour. During the conversation John explained the company's website, and how their process of buying my materials. After speaking with John I felt confident that I was dealing with a company that did good business. Well in short, it took over a month for me to receive a payment. My order status never changed on the website, also none of my phone calls or emails were returned. I would have to call from a different phone number every time to get any answers. Finally after at least a month I received a confirmation email & payment. The payment was what I was expecting but customer service and support was awful. The second time was a better experience but I will not be dealing with Therefiningcompany.com any time soon.

Back