TRC, The Refining Company

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I am a new member to the forum and frankly new to the business of buying and selling e-scrap. I have had multiple conversations with The Refining Company - TRC and am about to close a deal for sending a large quantity of e-scrap to them. They seem to have Recycling Squared Electronics (R2E) as their refining partner. In fact it seems that both the companies TRC and R2E are owned by one owner, Raymond Dow. I did not happen to speak to anyone by the name of John at TRC and all my conversation are with a person called Jason. Reading this thread, I am getting a bit jittery about going ahead with my deal with them. I shall be shipping the scrap from overseas and incur a lot of cost in doing so. Does anyone on the forum has any advice for a new fellow member.

I think it is always easy to Google the name of a company and take the one bad review of a company and cause concern. Then again that's what reviews and internet data are designed for. There is always a tendency for unhappy people to post up information whilst contented clients often say nothing. Like you, I do double check for online feedback and as I operate withing a trading network in the IT industry I tend to get a good group of companies who will readily police one another.

It's been the case for a long time that UK and European companies have access to more financial information about one another than American companies do, although I know there are changes happening there to rectify this difference. I spent years on an ethics committee for a large trade organisation of over 2000 member companies and most of our time was spent sorting out deals that had gone wrong which mostly arose from partial or non existent initial contract paperwork or not enough due diligence. I know someone who might be able to give me a second opinion on this particular company as I deal in this product in the US as well as Europe and I will call them today.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I shall wait for your reply on what you find out. Really appreciate the help that you have offered to me.

Thanks!

As the current owner of TRC, for about the last two years, I want to help clear up any issues that people may have with TRC. When we took over the company we understood that there were many challenges facing us in this industry. There were a lot of trust issues industry wide and we would have to overcome them as well as any individual issues that people might have with our company.

I have a team of people that work harder then anyone else in the industry to make sure that our customers have a quality experience when dealing with us. For most of you your initial contact will be with either Jason or Laura. Laura handles most of the actual refining customers and Jason is our expert when it comes to circuit board values.

If any of you here have dealt with them you know already that they go out of their way to give you as much information as possible. Unlike some of the places, we will not just tell you to send your material in and hope you get a check because sometimes sending it in will not be cost effective for you. We want you to know as much as possible about what your expected returns are before you send it in so that you can make wise decisions on what you do with your material.

If you would like to talk to someone at TRC you can reach us at our 877-256-5646 number.

Well if you are the owner of the company and indeed do have a expert on board values, maybe you can have him come over and explain your grading system on boards and some basic values.

This is the biggest problem we seem to have with our boards. It seems every time we go to sell, buyers are wanting everything sorted differently than last time. It's getting to be a problem as now we have to have so many gaylords for different types and grades of scrap.

Maybe it's indeed time to just start shredding them all again and skipping the middleman buyers altogether.

mic said:
Ocean said:
Do others think it looks like Libel?
It's different when you are speaking of a personal experience and helping to warn others so that they may be aware of the potential hazards of dealing with this company.
It's no different than the thousands of references about the current and past owners of the company.We have many threads like this one on the forum to help warn others of the pitfalls with different refiners.It is quite literally the exact same thing as leaving feedback for a buyer/seller on ebay,only here you can go into detail about the situation.
So to answer your question....no it is not libel.

No it dont. I also had or having bad experience w this co. Will not use again.
First I sent my scrap, yes I understand w Covid deal, but it was put on hold by them for pickup. A week later. They said I would get email when they look and did inventory of scrap sent. Has not happened. I went today to log in on there site and see progress but yeah u guess it. Web page expired. So I'm out my scrap and shipping cost. Scam artists. DO NOT SEND U SCRAP TO THEM.

Back