Types of beakers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

There are borosilicate beakers (pyrex, etc) to stand up to hot AR digestions.
I am looking for beakers or vessels of other materials which can stand up to hot AR----could someone indicate such a material?

For hot concentrated AR, I don't think there is anything that will work indefinitely except borosilicate, quartz, FEP, and PTFE.
Some other plastics might last a while, and be cheap enough that it wouldn't matter if your vessel doesn't last forever. Other ones worth investigating would be PVC, CPVC, polypropylene, and maybe fluorinated HDPE.

Hi Arthur, just a small pet hate of mine but can you please rename your title and correct the spelling error, It should say Beaker and not Becker?

Regards

stihl

skippy said:
For hot concentrated AR, I don't think there is anything that will work indefinitely except borosilicate, quartz, FEP, and PTFE.
Some other plastics might last a while, and be cheap enough that it wouldn't matter if your vessel doesn't last forever. Other ones worth investigating would be PVC, CPVC, polypropylene, and maybe fluorinated HDPE.

I would not recomend CPVC because it is more prone to becoming brittle over time and will not take abuse very well.

It looks like the Moderators have corrected it Arthur.

Please do not apologize and please do not take it personnel, I know we all misspell words during a thread which is usually
forgiven by most but i think it's different when the thread title has been misspelled.
If English is your second language then I think you are doing a great job, you can probably
spell better than most of the English population :roll:

Latest posts

Back