Urea substitute?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamistro

My local Home Depot doesn't carry urea (or sodium nitrate). When I ask for them at similar establishments I get funny looks and "No".

Will baking soda work in place of Urea for AR and AP or should I drive out into the sticks until I find Ed's don't-give-a-damn feed n' seed?

zamistro said:
My local Home Depot doesn't carry urea (or sodium nitrate). When I ask for them at similar establishments I get funny looks and "No".

Will baking soda work in place of Urea for AR and AP or should I drive out into the sticks until I find Ed's don't-give-a-damn feed n' seed?

Agway carries Sodium Nitrate (Bonide) 4 lbs for less than $6. You can find urea in the fertilizer section. It's listed as 46-0-0. check the ingredients on the bag.
Baking Soda will not neutralize the Nitrate. Urea reacts with residual Nitrate.

Irons said:
zamistro said:

Agway carries Sodium Nitrate (Bonide) 4 lbs for less than $6. You can find urea in the fertilizer section. It's listed as 46-0-0. check the ingredients on the bag.
Baking Soda will not neutralize the Nitrate. Urea reacts with residual Nitrate.
or you can boil it down :shock:

Latest posts

Back