• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vintage test equipment, boards, gold cpus, memory.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone interested in this stuff at all.
My wife has threatened to take everything to the scrap yard, unless I build another shed to put everything in.
Needless to say, I don't want to build a shed, and I'd rather not have everything go to a scrap yard.
This stuff will not fit into a pickup truck. If you took everything, you are going to need a medium to large box truck, or a truck and a decent sized trailer.
I've got boxes and boxes of lab glass. Beakers, flasks, erlenmeyers, graduated cylinders, and almost everything is volumetric. I have bags of pipettes, cases of test tubes, and I think my muffle furnace is still here. I've got a very large graphite crucible, and some smaller assaying crucibles (silica style). I also have a lot of flux materials.
I have stuff in bags, boxes, crates, buckets, totes, cases and drums. I really want to get everything out of here.
If you just want the escrap, and nothing else, I want 3000. If you want everything here (gold related), you can have it for 5000. I don't want any money up front, however if we agree on a price, please don't ask me to take less.

Hey bub, I am interested in the original quote above of $2500. Not really interested in the laser things or medical utensils. I will be able to come down either the middle of February or after. I am leaving my current job next week and am told it will take about a month before I can get my 401k payout.

Another idea is while I am down there, I could help you take those large things to the scrap yard and we can split the difference and then I can come back and load up the rest. If you wanted me to come down earlier just to get it out of the way, I will have to see if my finances will allow it but I am not sure I could swing it, maybe but I don't know.

While the refining stuff would be great, I am putting my refining studies on the back burner as I start my ewaste recycling business. I am serious about buying all the electronic stuff.

Mike

Guys those large things are probably the best part of the batch! I wish I was over there because I'd take a punt on that batch.

I have a feeling that there are one or more boxes there that I would be willing to pay a premium over gold spot + shipping.

I'm interested in old 74xx series logic gates, new or removed from sockets and similar old logic gates (1970-1980 era) to use for restoration work on old computers.

Before taking any instrument marked Hewlet Packard to the scrap yard, open it up and take a look at the cards inside. Back in those days they were the definition of quality and often made fully plated boards and I'm not talking ENIG but thick plating.

If there is a logic analyzer in the lot I might be willing (depending on my economy at the time) to buy one too, the HP logic analyzers from around 1985-1990 were very nice to work with.

There are a number of variable power supplies on the shelf that would be perfect to power a hobby sized silver cell.

Too bad it is so long to drive to Florida from Sweden. :D

Göran

Goran,

Are you looking specifically for period correct logic gates, or is epoxy encapsulated acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since my home computer... the other one, not the one I'm writing this on, is built of 1250 TTL IC:s from the 7400 series I try to create a small stockpile of spares. I'm also planning to offer the IC:s to other fanatics that restores old computers.
The 7400 series isn't manufactured any longer so if I want to keep some authenticity to my computer I prefer to use original parts as far as possible. I could probably just replace any broken IC with a lot faster chip from today or even the whole computer in a FPGA and run it on back of a raspberry pi. That would be a challenge in itself, but I like the old hardware and tinkering with it.

This is my home computer. It sits just inside the door... since the caster wheels I put on it broke... :mrgreen:
http://www.ndwiki.org/wiki/NORD-1_Serial_47

Most of the chips in it are plastic body, It was a factor to it's development when Texas Instruments developed the plastic molded chip in low price around 1965-1966. The development started in 1967 and in 1969 the first one was delivered to a tanker as a collision avoidance system. My computer is serial number 47 and was built in 1972, the price at 680.000 Norwegian kroner should have been around $100.000 at that time. The 64 kbyte memory was half the cost.

So first I'm looking for old stock of components to use as spares, secondly I'm looking for old stock of other contemporary components to help other people even if it doesn't fit my computer. If there are questions about the content of gold in a batch I could sort through and refine a representing sample, starting with the broken and mangled ones, while keeping the best ones and then pay based on the outcome of the refining.

Göran

Let me be more specific....I have this bag of mixed chips....14xx series, 74xx, and others....mostly epoxy. If you want it for shipping you can have it. There's not enough gold to be worth processing them. I can sell them but where's the fun in that?

9c5d36432f51f665f1142980b5ebd2b3.jpg

snoman701 said:
Let me be more specific....I have this bag of mixed chips....14xx series, 74xx, and others....mostly epoxy. If you want it for shipping you can have it. There's not enough gold to be worth processing them. I can sell them but where's the fun in that?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/9c5d36432f51f665f1142980b5ebd2b3.jpg
Looks a bit new to me, but I can't read the text on any chips. Any chance of a closeup?

PS. Sorry for hijacking the thread, Johnny, but at least it gives more exposure to your big batch. I can separate this out into a separate thread if you want. :wink:

Göran

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/589a1789d22d00e1013aac0a83d9f9d3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/7327db275c1014ccd3fbb3d6558a6423.jpg

Edit : Fixed the links, Göran

snoman701 said:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/589a1789d22d00e1013aac0a83d9f9d3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/7327db275c1014ccd3fbb3d6558a6423.jpg

Edit : Fixed the links, Göran
A wild mix, it seems, but enough of the ones I'm looking for, I can sort it out. I'll pay postage and double the boardsort price. I insist on that. I'll send you a pm.

Göran

Goran,

FYI - this guy has original TTL chips at very decent prices - I got a bunch from him just last year:

http://www.vernonianorthern.com/TekParts/Tek156Page.php

He does accept PayPal and ships quick - not sure of his international shipping pricing.

Cheers,

g_axelsson said:
Thanks! That was really good prices. Bookmarked and saved. :D

Göran

And the parts are generic marked - no Tektronix numbers on the ones I bought (up/down counters, J-K FFs and a fed multiplexers.). Downside is they were packed bulk in anti-static bags, but 100% good, unused parts.

Cheers,

Brian

g_axelsson said:
PS. Sorry for hijacking the thread, Johnny, but at least it gives more exposure to your big batch. I can separate this out into a separate thread if you want. :wink:

Göran

No worries bud, you are fine. I've been pretty busy today, so I haven't had time to go through stuff, but I'll be back on tomorrow, and I'll try to respond to everyone then.
Thanks,
Johnny

Hey Johnny,

I have a little time to reiterate where yesterday I was running for the door. I am 100% interested in the electronics. I kind of thought we had worked it out but I have been busy and haven't been online for a week or so. If you need $3000 for all of it then I guess I have no choice but maybe you can give me a month on the extra $500 as I have only budgeted the original $2500 for this load.

My plan right now is to drive down and get a room for the night, get up early and spend all day getting everything cleared out, and then drive back. Maybe spend another night but I don't like the idea of an open trailer at a motel. I have one more week that I promised to my current employer, my last day is the 26th of January. I would love to cut and run as I originally told them back in October when I was leaving but that's not me. It was only at the beginning of this month did they start looking for someone to fill my position. Guess they thought they could talk me out of it.

As I stated above, I can't get my 401k until 30 days after leaving the company. This is where I am in the whole scheme of things so if it sounds good to you, please let me know.

Mike

everydayisalesson said:
Hey Johnny,

I have a little time to reiterate where yesterday I was running for the door. I am 100% interested in the electronics. I kind of thought we had worked it out but I have been busy and haven't been online for a week or so. If you need $3000 for all of it then I guess I have no choice but maybe you can give me a month on the extra $500 as I have only budgeted the original $2500 for this load.

My plan right now is to drive down and get a room for the night, get up early and spend all day getting everything cleared out, and then drive back. Maybe spend another night but I don't like the idea of an open trailer at a motel. I have one more week that I promised to my current employer, my last day is the 26th of January. I would love to cut and run as I originally told them back in October when I was leaving but that's not me. It was only at the beginning of this month did they start looking for someone to fill my position. Guess they thought they could talk me out of it.

As I stated above, I can't get my 401k until 30 days after leaving the company. This is where I am in the whole scheme of things so if it sounds good to you, please let me know.

Mike

I'm sorry Mike, but I was unaware that we had worked anything out. The only communication that I've received from you, was explaining that you couldn't do anything until February, and asking if it would fit in a 6x9 trailer.

At this time, I have a buyer for everything. He'll be here this Saturday.He's an old friend, and he already wanted everything months ago, but could not coordinate his schedule with ours. Our goal was to get rid of as much surplus here as possible, and God willing he is going to be able to facilitate that. We are staying home an extra week to complete the sale, so it is pretty serious. He is a member here, and he MAY want to sell some of the stuff that he is buying from me, but it's his decision whether to make himself publicly known or not. If he does, then you guys can work out deals with him.

Yet on the 17th this was your position.

Johnny5 said:
Is anyone interested in this stuff at all.
My wife has threatened to take everything to the scrap yard, unless I build another shed to put everything in.
Needless to say, I don't want to build a shed, and I'd rather not have everything go to a scrap yard.

This was the last thing we heard until someone actually said he wanted your gear and then got what amounts to a pretty cold rebuffal from you. I think you could have worded your comments better. Glad we served your purpose though, and hope your "old friend" enjoys the gear.

I'm not sure where you got a cold rebuttal out of what I said, but that is your opinion and you are certainly welcome to it.
I didn't say anything that was incorrect.
everydayisalesson, If you took offense to what I said, I apologize that was not the way it was "typed" on my end. You and I did in fact not have a deal, and I only received 1 private message from you almost 2 months ago, to which I responded the same day, and never heard from you again until 2 days ago. I can't see how anything I said could possibly been perceived as cold, but considering the comment above, I will extend an apology just in case.

Back