• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vintage test equipment, boards, gold cpus, memory.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That deal kinda turned south quickly. I guess it's been for sale for a while now so hey, first one with the cash wins. I have no problem with that.

silversaddle1 said:
That deal kinda turned south quickly. I guess it's been for sale for a while now so hey, first one with the cash wins. I have no problem with that.

You are correct, and thank you. I've had it for sale since last August, which is why I added all of the other stuff with it, in order to make the sale. I certainly meant no offense to anyone.

Wow a lot of old oscilloscopes have these chips inside

Saving money for HNO3 in order to handle these

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 258
All of the ic's I've had like those, always have gold bonding wires incapsulated. So if you were throwing away those, you might have been losing out on little bits. :D

I think he talks about the bond wires of gold embedded in the plastic.

Check with a magnet, the gold plated legs could be made from kovar, a nickel - iron alloy. Then you can dissolve the base metal with hydrochloric acid.

Göran

Johnny,

I did not take offense and I guess I considered it a done deal because nobody else was responding. Good deals come and go everyday and I learned a long time ago to never get attached to anything. I apologize for my wording above as I didn't want to see any of it scrapped.

As far as this goes, I am happy you were able to get all you wanted for it. Take care.

Mike

everydayisalesson said:
Johnny,
I apologize for my wording above as I didn't want to see any of it scrapped.

As far as this goes, I am happy you were able to get all you wanted for it. Take care.

Mike

anachronism said:
Mike

If you're good about it then so am I. Johnny excuse my comment please.

Jon

And I apologize again if I worded anything out of line.

Johnny

The buyer didn't show up. I would love to complain about it, but it won't change what's happened.
So moving on, everything is for sale again.
I took more pictures for the buyer which are here http://s306.photobucket.com/user/mariannalice/library/Andrew

I also have 2 muffle furnaces (one works), silica crucibles, a very large graphite crucible, a small bucket of flourspar, and multiple boxes of glassware. I have 2 boxes of rolled ceramic fiber insulation that I think is rated at 2600 deg. I also have a home made mill grinder for pulverizing chips in to a talcum powder consistency. It can process dozen of pounds an hour. I also have a large classifier (5 gallon bucket sized) I believe it is 100 mesh. There is so much stuff here, and I wish I didn't have to go through all of this again, but I have no choice.
We will have to leave back to work in the next couple of days. Unfortunately because we took a week off of work to make this sale, we now have to work the next 2 months before we can come home again. So unless something changes, we will most likely not be home again until the end of march or beginning of april. I don't always have access to the internet at some of the facilities that we go to, but I will try to respond to anyone as soon as I am able to.
The deal with the other buyer was for 5000, for everything here including all the medical equipment. I am willing to negotiate any price based on what someone wants.

Thank you

I want to add that we will still be here the next couple of days if someone thinks they can make it here (Cocoa,Fl).

Go on Mike- it's a buyers market now. 8)

I'm gonna open a bag of popcorn and put my feet up and watch- this is turning into an epic.

Jon

anachronism said:

I'm gonna open a bag of popcorn and put my feet up and watch- this is turning into an epic.

Jon

Did I miss something? What exactly did I do wrong to you? What did I do to deserve you making fun of me? How does my misfortune, turn into an opportunity for someone else to take advantage of me being screwed over? If you knew what me, my wife, my daughter, my son, and my son in law have been through this last week, in order to make this sale happen, you would most likely think twice about making fun of me. And in the meantime, not once have I mentioned the persons name that did this, because I know it's not going to change what he's done, and it's not going to make him, or anyone else, buy this stuff.
I really don't know what I ever did to you, or anyone else for that matter, but whatever it is, I am sorry.

anachronism said:

Jon

I feel like this thread needs a theme song to go with the popcorn!!!

Money....Pink Floyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not making fun of you. I'm stating a fact. It's taken over 5 months now to sell this parcel- that's pretty epic.

Johnny5 said:
anachronism said:

Jon

Did I miss something? What exactly did I do wrong to you? What did I do to deserve you making fun of me? How does my misfortune, turn into an opportunity for someone else to take advantage of me being screwed over? If you knew what me, my wife, my daughter, my son, and my son in law have been through this last week, in order to make this sale happen, you would most likely think twice about making fun of me. And in the meantime, not once have I mentioned the persons name that did this, because I know it's not going to change what he's done, and it's not going to make him, or anyone else, buy this stuff.
I really don't know what I ever did to you, or anyone else for that matter, but whatever it is, I am sorry.

It may not change what he's done, but there are two sides to every story....if he wronged you, it would be beneficial for the membership to know that, so they can steer clear of doing business with him.

Please contact a moderator.

I understand going through difficulty to try to make a sale, and I feel for you...I have stopped trying to sell most of my crap because of this. I would have probably binned the stuff long ago once it became obvious a sale was going to be difficult to make happen. With that said, maybe whoever it storing it for you would ship individual items for a cut of the profit? Or scrap the boards local for less money? Or box up the best ones and ship them for good money and cut your losses on the rest?

I understand your frustration, but it has been six months of people going "ooh and ahh" but nobody stepping up with 25 hundred dollar bills...it's unlikely it's going to happen at this point. But, a climactic turn would make Jon spill his popcorn.

What would make me happiest is too see a good win/win deal. Honestly Johnny.

You've had one guy publicly declare an interest in buying your gear. Mike's a standing contributing forum member and he's publicly stated both the restrictions he faces and the help he's willing to give. That might not get you quite the full amount you've been asking for but it certainly would clear up the issues you're facing with space at home. Rightly or wrongly you dropped that offer in favour of your long standing friend (who is apparently a forum member and who has apparently tried to rip you off - we have mechanisms in place to deal with that) but that hasn't occurred and now you've also "sold a few of the bits."

Therefore the deal needs restating in its entirety to give members a clear sight of everything on offer so they can make a clear judgement call on what they would offer.

This is basic business dealings Johnny. The details needed to make a clean deal stick with no issues from either side. I don't apologise for saying this, and I'm pretty sure it's in no way unfair to anyone.

I stand by my original comment where I wished you all the best with the deal.

Jon

anachronism said:
and now you've also "sold a few of the bits."

Therefore the deal needs restating in its entirety to give members a clear sight of everything on offer so they can make a clear judgement call on what they would offer.

Jon

You misunderstood when I said a few pieces had been sold. Those pieces were sold at least a year ago and were never part of the original deal, nor were they part in the original pictures. I have edited that post, so there is no confusion.

anachronism said:
Rightly or wrongly you dropped that offer in favour of your long standing friend (who is apparently a forum member and who has apparently tried to rip you off - we have mechanisms in place to deal with that)
Jon
I never "dropped" Mike's offer. As I already stated, the last communication I had with Mike, was 2 months ago, and he already advised me that he wouldn't be able to do anything until February. He even stated in that PM " If someone pops up with cash before hand, I will understand if you go ahead and sell it." So there was no deal between us, and he obviously understood if someone else decided to buy it sooner.

And the other member never tried to "rip me off". He simply didn't show up. But he in no way ripped me off.

So here's what should be done.

1. Answer this question. Is the stuff sold? If yes, then a mod should lock the thread. If no, then the whole thread should be deleted and you should relist it for sale with your terms spelled exactly the way you want the deal to go, and what exactly the buyer will be getting.

It's gone on long enough.

Back