washer/dryer combo

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copper, silver, steel, aluminum and brass along with plastic and maybe some glass.

There usually are silver points in relays and switches.
Older ones have a mecanical program switch with silver points (a box with a lot of wires connected and a small motor), in newer units the mecanical switches are replaced by a pcb. If there is a knob on the front to select washing program you could be in luck, but if there is buttons and a display it is a newer one and built around a pcb.

The most value is probably in the base metals, stainless steel, copper wiring in cables and the motor, aluminum, iron, brass.

In my youth 30 years ago I was hunting for silver on the city dump. I found some washing machines which contained relatively much silver in the program switch and it was easy to get it loose. I still have my silver collection in a box and I'm going to run it in a silver cell when I get some time and space to build one. My goal was to make a 1 kg silver bar from contact points. I think I have over two kilos in that box so it's about time to refine it now. :mrgreen:

/Göran

Latest posts

Back