Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name: Craig
Sex: M
Hobbies: Fishing (a lot), Turkey Hunting, Flea markets, Estate sales, and people in general. I like meeting good folks.
Profession: Retired I guess but try not to be. 17 years self employed with two car lots in local area. 27 years in the industry total.
Interests: People first for sure. They are a wealth of pleasure for me. Cars has to be next. Huge part of my life and my expertise.
How long refining gold or precious metals: Refining for 8 weeks.
What are you looking for in our community: Learning and sharing experiences. Developing relationships. Learning to help others eventually. Contributing when I can.
How did you discover our forum: Every time I asked google a question, the answer came from this forum.

Other: I came here with much passion, eager, and still possess those qualities. That being said, I skipped a few rules here, not taking the time to follow protocol. So eager to learn, and oblivious to why the rules here are structured so that all can benefit. I want to be here..... to share and grow with the rest of you, so thought I would restart a bit.

Thanks for having me here and I look forward to learning with all of you.

Craig

Thank you....N.E. Alabama you say?

My best friend has property in Centre, Alabama which has got to be close. I hunt turkey there.

If I haven't said already I love your videos on youtube Palladium. For a beginner like me just learning the proper way to prep a crucible is a big deal. You have become a celebrity in our household, no kidding. I think its because we both have that "southern drawl". Please keep making them.

Thanks for the welcome,
Craig

Thank you for the kind words sir. I'm very familiar with that area. It wouldn't happen to be around Terrapin creek would it ?

Craig

I have been following a of your postings & it looks to me like we have another up & coming new member that is going to be adding to what makes this such a great forum

What has really impressed me is your concern for safety & addressing that "first" --- (there are a lot of people that get into this that just don't care about safety - they just want the gold)

The fact that you have made safety your first concern has certainly earned my respect & I look forward to your being a part of this forum & what you will have to contribute as a member

Kurt

Name :Willy McGhee
Sex : Male
Profession : Electronic Security Technician
Hobbies : Playing guitar, kayaking, collecting books, being outdoorsy in general, yard saling, playing video games.
Interests : Too many to list!
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Just starting
What are you looking for in our community? : Advice
How did you discover our Forum? : Searching the web for advice

Hello guys!

Name :Massimo
Sex :M
Profession :unemployed
Hobbies :nothing in particular
Interests : make money
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : I never refined gold, some weeks I'm interested in the recovery of gold and I bought a bit of material
What are you looking for in our community? : In this forum I hope to find: - where to buy scrap gold recovery at the best price.
- The best techniques to refine the scrap for gold recovery.
- Tables with the returns of the various scrap for gold recovery.
How did you discover our Forum? :After a long search on google

Name : Chaz Haskins
Sex : M
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa <--- Any other Saffas on here?
Profession : Automotive Regional Manager
Hobbies : Fast Cars and possibly precious metal refinement with a long term view.
Interests : Cars, Books, Cars.
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Never refined before and recently started considering after searching information for my sons school project.
What are you looking for in our community? : Knowledge
How did you discover our Forum? : Google was my Friend

Jo418 said:
:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things :wink:

Name :Dennis R Boyce
Sex :M
Location :Talkeetna Mountains of Alaska/Fairbanks AK/Pickens SC
Profession :Geologist / Operate Busch Creek mine (Placer)
Hobbies :Building/designing things
Interests :Everything life offers
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : all my life, last 10 years operating a remote placer mine
What are you looking for in our community? : general info
How did you discover our Forum? :
google

Hello to all!

I live in Portugal with my wife.
I discovered the forum as i was searching the web to find ways of processing PMs from scrap.
I've been doing my homework for a while thanks to the forum. And as i've been sorting and dismanteling i'll soon starts some baths (waiting for some safety equipment before).
I don't have the knowledge that others do but i'd be happy to share any relevant findings with you all.
I work in the medical field and i'm also a linguist.

I'd like to get to the point where i can get some earnings from this activity.

Thank you for having made this forum so useful.
I would like to thank too those who put tutorials on youtube (Geo, Indeeditdoes, Sreetips and others) who put effort in pushing the quality and craftmanship upwards.

My bests to all

Hello Friends!
Name : Peter
Profession : Studen (Chemist)
Hobbies : To many
Interests : Chemestry, fishing, computer and so on
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : The resent year
What are you looking for in our community? : Information and knowledge
How did you discover our Forum? : From youtubers ^^

Been colection scrapp for a year or so now yet havent gotan any good amont of any thing so work in progres ^^ Just thot i wolde drop a hello to every one and continj reading as much as posible ^^
Ps. sorry for the bad english :p

Hey everybody!

I'm Tommy from SF Bay area in California. I'm 32 and am a funeral counselor...and I know what you may be thinking, and no--none of my precious metals will come from dead people!

I love traveling and experiencing foreign cultures and food.

I have been collecting gold scrap mainly from computers and other electronics for a few months. I hope to accumulate enough to actually get a few ounces out of it all.

The only education i've had is from youtube videos, but I'm interested in refining gold, silver, platinum and palladium, and then perhaps find advice on where I can sell it once the price of precious metals goes up a bit.

Name : Andrew
Profession : Tradesman, Builder
Hobbies : Prospecting- Metal Detecting. Motorbike sidecar riding (3 Wheels). Enjoying time with my dog- Akita Inu called Flynn. Home made Fine Spirits.
Interests : Outdoors. Water. Bush.
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : I worked as a professional gold miner for several years in my late teens/early twenties. Including: 5" Dredge, Aluvial Gold Lease Processing (60t excavator, 5m loader, trommel & jig - mercury plates, cyanide leaching, tailings processing, Underground hard rock mining, etc, etc.) Stopped and got married, had a family, ran my own construction business for 30 odd years. Now, with more time on my hands, I'm re-visiting the hobbies That once brought me so much enjoyment.
What are you looking for in our community? : Initially I will be quite the sponge- soaking up as much as I can. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to show'n'tell my own refining projects.
How did you discover our Forum? : Googled 'refining 9ct into 24 ct' and here I am...

Back