were to start?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccarver80

so just yesterday I found out how you can strip gold and other precious metals from random misc. things. I have alot of these things laying around, junk vehicles, broken cpus, ect.... were would a "beginner" start? Something easy, i dont want to get to carried away with chemicels quite yet. Im just looking to make some extra cash, and if I enjoy it, I will go all out.

Also any success stories to motivate me a little would be helpful :p

You are a step ahead --- asking before you jump in

Search button is going to be your friend

you need to look over a guided tour by LazerSteve http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873
review the handbooks also http://www.scribd.com/doc/2887935/GOLD-REFINING-FORUM-HANBOOK-VOL-1

honestly you will be looking at making this a hobby before you start thinking of cash cause starting out you need to focus on the process
not the end result ..... you might learn fast and might be really successful but don't rush you could lose a lot of gold.....

ccarver80 said:
so just yesterday I found out how you can strip gold and other precious metals from random misc. things. I have alot of these things laying around, junk vehicles, broken cpus, ect.... were would a "beginner" start? Something easy, i dont want to get to carried away with chemicels quite yet. Im just looking to make some extra cash, and if I enjoy it, I will go all out.

If you want to make quick cash, sell your gold plated items for someone else to recover. There is no quick way to start refining, especially with a number of different gold sources. If you do want to do your own refining, take your time and read Hoke's book and specific posts on this forum that you are interested in. Lack of patience leads to loss PMs and possible safety disasters.

HTPatch said:
ccarver80 said:

If you want to make quick cash, sell your gold plated items for someone else to recover. There is no quick way to start refining, especially with a number of different gold sources. If you do want to do your own refining, take your time and read Hoke's book and specific posts on this forum that you are interested in. Lack of patience leads to loss PMs and possible safety disasters.

man would be nice if we could flag good comments and replies

Latest posts

Back