What should i do

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan72ccx

Hi to everyone
Can you give me an advice what should I do with them cards? I have thouthands of them., should I just snap gold fingers and sell the rest or it is planty of PGMs in them? Or collect brown capacitars and extract them?
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• P1010515.JPG
    P1010515.JPG
    51.3 KB
  • P1010516.JPG
    P1010516.JPG
    54.5 KB
  • P1010517.JPG
    P1010517.JPG
    57.1 KB
  • P1010518.JPG
    P1010518.JPG
    56.3 KB
  • P1010519.JPG
    P1010519.JPG
    52.5 KB
hi Dan. i am also new at this. what i do while im learning is cut the gold fingers of the boards. put them in a crock pot with hcl on hi. then i take the boards and sell them. on monday i sold 28 lbs of hi grade boards. 157 lbs of mother boards. and 1324 lbs of monitors and printers for $788.85. shop around for best prices...Jim.

wrecker45 said:
hi Dan. i am also new at this. what i do while im learning is cut the gold fingers of the boards. put them in a crock pot with hcl on hi. then i take the boards and sell them. on monday i sold 28 lbs of hi grade boards. 157 lbs of mother boards. and 1324 lbs of monitors and printers for $788.85. shop around for best prices...Jim.

Good load Jim :p

Wrecker, you are putting your fingers in the crockpot? Why not use the ap method. I agree with wrecker if you are just starting out cut the fingers off and sell the rest.

Thanks for responding
I am not new to PM I am quiet success with gold extraction ;) . I like to know if it alot of PGMs on them boards. I am selling my boards and cards for £4 a 1kilo:)
Thanks Dan

Dan72ccx said:
Thanks for responding
I am not new to PM I am quiet success with gold extraction ;) . I like to know if it alot of PGMs on them boards. I am selling my boards and cards for £4 a 1kilo:)
Thanks Dan

Your best bet would be do some small scale testing on what you have. See if you have any values. Then see if you can process them. Items like the monolith capacitors may or may not contain palladium. They change by maker and throughout the years because of the price of palladium.

I myself usually just go for the easy gold and sell the boards. But if they look unusual or very high end I may put them on the side for testing.
I don't think anybody can give you an answer for what you should do.
That is one you will have to decide. For how much time you have to invest, as well as space. How often your scrap come in. There are many factors.

Jim

I agree with jimdoc. If you want to learn more about e-scrap & have the space & are a good record-keeper, they can be good "test pieces".

If you're interested in money now ... what they said.

By the way, what is the pound-to-dollar conversion rate currently?
thanks
dtectr

Latest posts

Back