What to use between hot plate and beaker

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpcp7208

I feel like I am bombarding this forum and I apologize for that. So I bought a glass Pyrex baking dish assuming because the brand was Pyrex that it would be able to handle the heat. I used it am I hot plate hey to catch any potential overflow to protect my beaker. Of course it shattered violently. Trial and error, lesson learned! Luckily my Beaker landed on the hot plate standing straight up. So my question is, what can I use to transfer the heat from the hot plate to the beaker? I cannot find a corning bakeware, is there anything else that is just as good?

FrugalRefiner said:
bpcp7208 said:
I cannot find a corning bakeware, is there anything else that is just as good?

Look at yard sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I've bought all of mine there for a buck or two per piece.

Dave

I have been looking for the last month or so fairly frequently. I have found porcelain baking dishes but not Corning which I know is made differently. Could I use a tin cookie can and put sand down until I do find one or order one online. The Pyrex glassware was working fine until it broke. I currently have a batch going which I currently have in an old crockpot with a little water in the bottom but it's not generating enough Heat.

Brandon

Latest posts

Back