Your experience - settling precipitated gold - time estimate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patnor1011

I just precipitated gold from AP - HCl/Cl. Less than ounce in about 2.5 litres of solution now. It sits outside for 24 hrs now and I cant see that it is settling down. Solution is rich brown and only about 1-2mm on top appears clear. I think that last time it settled faster. Any toughts?

*edited. Source was fingers and 4-5 black fiber CPU`s.

It depends on how "dirty" the solution is, the more copper and base metals the slower it will settle.

Dropped today 10g of nearly pure gold from AR solution and it settled completely after 2.5 hours, solution was heated to 50C (122F) the whole time.

Hmmmm.
I will see but I like to think it is not that dirty. I was keeping foils in bottle with HCl and everytime when I added another bit of foils I changed acid too. I can say that foils sat in acid couple of weeks, months even. I changed acid every two weeks. We will see. I try to heat that solution. Thanks Samuel.

it also depends on how much gold you have in given ml of solution, concetrate solutions drop faster.

Good luck. Sam

Latest posts

Back