Assays, Refining & More. "The Rock Man's Lab".

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice post and site.
I did a web page there too but the info box didn't work :roll: .
I like your posts because I get geology, where it all starts.
I also rock hound and prospect (when I can). Well, that's my cue...

http://langeknivesandgifts.weebly.com/index.html
METLMASHER

METLMASHER said:
Nice post and site.
I did a web page there too but the info box didn't work :roll: .
I like your posts because I get geology, where it all starts.
I also rock hound and prospect (when I can). Well, that's my cue...

http://langeknivesandgifts.weebly.com/index.html
METLMASHER

Thanks for the compliments.
I appreciate it.

I do what I can to help others out as I would of liked to of been back when I first started.
Hopefully my posts are informative, and help everyone to find something good.

Aside from that, it lets everyone know that I understand what I'm looking at,
and when they do find something of interest, hopefully they keep me in mind,
and chose me as the person to have check it out, and assay what was found.

Sincerely, Rick. "The Rock Man".

hey rock man Jay here fellow rock hound i mean that is if your are a rock hound not just a rocker which is cool too, i be both. Any how was wondering about you rock collection the reason is well i am sitting on 40 tons of Brazilian agate around 35 tons uncut invested a lump of money in the 80's one of my better decisions. every body thought i was stupid who laughing now i say that because i got them for .25 a pound. Any how i don't want to use the great site as my own interest tool . im finally going to start my rock shop grove-land 120 route to Yosemite every body stop in say hi. any way im looking to sell off a portion to kick it in to high gear the shop that is. I have many other gems as well but that is mostly what im selling in bulk.
thanks ~*~Jay~*~
sorry for wasting any body's time

Hello Jay,

Spamming my thread? lol, .. It's all good.
So you're a fellow "RockHound" with a shop and tools? Hmmm, sounds interesting.
I have Jasper, Carnelian, Petrified wood, as well as various sorts of banded agate, sagenite for example.

Do you have an interest in slabbing up material and selling it as 1/4 to 3/8" thick, 4 to 6" floor and bath tile?
The stuff would be worth $0.50 to $0.75 a square inch for each tile.

That's a clear option for what you already have, let alone whatever else I could help provide.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

thats funny rock man it been my dream to tile some million ares entrance his house or some thing charge him like 800k or more million ares are stupid like that convince him he the only one on the block. he he Now on the slabs we talking polished, not polished i have a few tons of some real nice cuts. been cutting for 20+years. could we communicate some other way so's not to maybe bore any one. serious business. could i hit u up thru your web site.

P.S. i have to many types of rocks to list.

jaythenutz said:
thats funny rock man it been my dream to tile some million ares entrance his house or some thing charge him like 800k or more million ares are stupid like that convince him he the only one on the block. he he Now on the slabs we talking polished, not polished i have a few tons of some real nice cuts. been cutting for 20+years. could we communicate some other way so's not to maybe bore any one. serious business. could i hit u up thru your web site.

P.S. i have to many types of rocks to list.

I thiink many of us here would like to see some of the work you are doing.

Wouldn't you like to find a deposit with ore like this?
1.56 oz per ton Au, and 29.66 oz per ton silver.

My Pictures 149.jpg

My Pictures 152.jpg

My Pictures 136.jpg

My Pictures 138.jpg

My Pictures 137.jpg

The client that sent this ore for me to assay has 400 tons dug up and ready to ship.
$3884.1838 per ton of ore by current spot price at the time the value of this ore was calculated.

Richard36 said:
Wouldn't you like to find a deposit with ore like this?
1.56 oz per ton Au, and 29.66 oz per ton silver.

The client that sent this ore for me to assay has 400 tons dug up and ready to ship.
$3884.1838 per ton of ore by current spot price at the time the value of this ore was calculated.

I hope the ore never plays out on him, good strike. Maybe next time he'll find the big one.

Regards
Rusty

I just thought that I'd share a few snapshots of a bend that I like to go prospecting on.
Most of the gold got washed away in a flood we had here back in "96",
but it still shows color, so I go play in the water here when it gets hot out.

5mhVLh.jpg

75qHYh.jpg

VLi5Sh.jpg

YZt3yh.jpg

I always see these shots of these great places on prospecting sites. Bedrock for days and nice wide cracks to go nugget shooting in. Around here its all tumbled river rock and gravel. I imagine there is bedrock down there... eventually :D Nice to see I am not the only one who has to work for it.

Looks like a great place to hang out. I hate the fact that summer is coming to a close. In a couple more months there will be snow on the ground

darshevo said:
I always see these shots of these great places on prospecting sites. Bedrock for days and nice wide cracks to go nugget shooting in. Around here its all tumbled river rock and gravel. I imagine there is bedrock down there... eventually :D Nice to see I am not the only one who has to work for it.

Looks like a great place to hang out. I hate the fact that summer is coming to a close. In a couple more months there will be snow on the ground

Yeah, there are several spots that I like to go. This one does require digging to get down to bedrock at the upper end where I was. Some are pothole after pothole. I'll try to get a few photos before the water level starts to rise.

It is a great place to go hang out. Fairly well secluded.

I don't like the fact that summer is coming to a close anymore than you do.
Cold weather isn't fun, and I don't like staying indoors.

Need a quad out there to pull the big rocks over. Take a gun climbers use to shoot anchors into rock for climbing to winch the big ones over then beat the anchor back out with a hammer or take a rechargeable sawsall with you.

The first two beads aren't very good. Frosty surface and poor color, obvious signs of contamination of some sort.

Not being critical, just pointing out examples for readers to understand the difference. Visual tests are quite handy.

Third bead is very nice! Bright, shiny surface and great color.

Harold

Harold_V said:
The first two beads aren't very good. Frosty surface and poor color, obvious signs of contamination of some sort.

Not being critical, just pointing out examples for readers to understand the difference. Visual tests are quite handy.

Third bead is very nice! Bright, shiny surface and great color.

Harold

Thanks for the feedback Harold.

Yes, there is some contamination in the 2.77 gram bead, it's platinum from white gold striped off of the glassware.
It's rough from being cooled slowly in my furnace as well. The small gold bead was removed with the cupel and let cool rapidly. I've experimented a few times, beads that cool slowly are often rough, where as beads that cool rapidly are (usually) bright, shiny, and smooth.

Thanks again for the feedback.
I'll post more photos as they become available.

I just thought that I'd share a couple photos of the most recent batch of scrap sent for me to process.

My Pictures 311.jpg

My Pictures 345.jpg

This is a 14 lb batch of material sent to me by a client that has since turned into a friend.
Here's a link to the other 44 photos of this batch, as well as a few photos of a previous batch sent by someone else.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.262240453819565.61572.108943585815920&type=1

Check out the photos, as well as the rest of the material on my page.
Remember to click "Like" on my page while you're there. 8)

Here are the resulting beads from the previous batch that I processed.
I keep one, the other goes to my client.

0.46 and 0.47 gram beads. I sent the 0.47 gram bead to my client.

My Pictures 297.jpg

My Pictures 298.jpg

The above beads were created from the foils in the photo below.

My Pictures 292.jpg

Back