How much should I pay ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macfixer01 said:
I can't tell you how many Ebay sellers I've emailed because they freely mixed the two systems in their auction description to justify how much there item should be worth (inexplicably almost always to their own advantage). macfixer01

I think you may have hit the nail on the head - the error in the use of measuring systems in unlikely to truly be "inexplicable". The same kind of attitude is displayed in the many auctions that offer "XYZ Gold Coin - 24K Gold hge".

goaldspektre said:
So 270# memory = 122.7 kg memory = 8.58 kg fingers = 25.7 grams gold ? Sounds off?
270 pounds of memory should give you 2 troy ounces of gold ( just for the fingers content alone )
my guess is the 270 lbs whole would sell well over 3000.00 us?

very nice :mrgreen:

In doing my reading and research and simply asking and being blunt with people I dealt with so far. I have learned price is only in the eye of the buyer. For example I so far only process gold fingers in AP and what not. So a pound of memory sticks is only worth what I can get from them, but say some one that has a ball mill and can process the entire PCB would put a much different price on it. To evaluate they actual worth you would have to go further down into the make up of the board. Determine how much PM is in the IC's and components. Find a way to get a medium of how man IC's and components would be on an average pound of assorted Memory. Then figure how much the PCB its self contains and the medium of PM per pound of assorted memory. And do the same with the fingers. By doing this you can grasp a very good bottom line of what you are willing to pay for what parts you actually can process. There is a learning curve intact, but on the forum you can find many documentations of what amount of PM's cam from what, and what price the scrap was bought at.

The kicker in doing this is if you have a limit on what you can process you can still get a good evaluation on the price and worth of what you could not process so you can find buyers for that. Bringing down you overall cost.

Also the gold market changes very fast and often so once you get your mediums of PM and the price you pay and so forth date your transactions create a time then find the medium spot price of gold for your time line and now you have a average of PM returned for Priced paid at current market price. So if the market changes from that point you can document % of change and use that percentage to modify price willing to pay.

Hope this make sense to most, makes since to me
Regards,
Ross

Harold_V said:
rusty said:
Next time they need something removed who will they call, think of it as Public Relations. Hope you left a business card with your name and telephone number with them as a reminder.
There's a lot to be said for that logic.
I always made it a practice to consider shearing the lamb instead of skinning the lamb.

Harold

point taken lesson learned!!!!
I just had a supplier call to inquire as to prices needed for removal. I informed him that I have found a way to cut my cost in disposal of items I could not recycle cost effectively and offered my services for free. This resulted in 33 computers and 2 laundry baskets of components I would possibly not have recieved as well as an offer to pick up items in the future

shyknee said:
goaldspektre said:
So 270# memory = 122.7 kg memory = 8.58 kg fingers = 25.7 grams gold ? Sounds off?
270 pounds of memory should give you 2 troy ounces of gold ( just for the fingers content alone )
my guess is the 270 lbs whole would sell well over 3000.00 us?

very nice :mrgreen:

For what its worth, 270 pounds of fingered memory will bring $4050.00 at todays rate of $15 per pound.

Back